Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th December 2023 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 694034)
I haven't seen any episodes of The Shield but heard references to it in a couple of the commentaries. If it's anything like SOA, then it's one to add to my wish list to watch in the future when my watchlist is considerably smaller. :nod:

Fortunately, my brother has the complete box set of The Shield and is happy to lend it to me, so I'll be able to watch it when I have finished Sons of Anarchy.

Demoncrat 31st December 2023 10:48 AM

Premature Demon.

The Curse continues ahem. 2 more episodes recently, so I'm thinking now it'll go to the 10 probably. Night sorted anyhow ....

Demoncrat 1st January 2024 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 694049)
Premature Demon.

The Curse continues ahem. 2 more episodes recently, so I'm thinking now it'll go to the 10 probably. Night sorted anyhow ....

More fun with both of these as more cracks start to show in this facade. Can't wait to see how this ends (for real this time cough)

MrBarlow 6th January 2024 10:50 AM

Creepshow.

Gray Matter/The House Of The Head.

A recently widowed father's drinking gets out of control with consequences. A girl's little doll house develops a small toy head that begins to torment her.

Bad Wolf Down/The Finger.

A american platoon fighting behind the lines in Germany during WWII, find a woman babling about a wolf. A man finds a severed finger which seems to grow at a raoid rate.

Been meaning to watch these but had a slight technical issue with Shudder and my chromebook but hopefully it's all sorted and can get to watch these. The first two episodes have got Stephen King's books and movies refrences which was a good added touch and a small appearance by Old Chief Wooden Head from Creepshow 2. So far any way this has disappointed me yet.

Nordicdusk 6th January 2024 11:59 AM

Finished Season 3 of True Detective while I really enjoyed it I do think it could of been shortened by maybe two episodes well worth a watch but there is some padding going on which is a shame. Love Stephen Dorff in this his accent says I'm a man that gets shit done and done right :lol:

nosferatu42 6th January 2024 12:04 PM

I've literally just watched these Creepshow episodes myself as I thought i'd have a bash at the Shudder trial, My favourite out of these four was the creepy dollhouse story with the girl from Walking Dead, but they have all been watchable.
My only gripe is they haven't used the Creepshow theme music in the intro, or at least not my favourite section and the appearance of the Creep keeps changing from prosphetic to cartoon to Cgi, they should have just stuck with one version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKgVDLlUSbc

From 1.50 is what they should have used in the intro.

MrBarlow 6th January 2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 694196)
I've literally just watched these Creepshow episodes myself as I thought i'd have a bash at the Shudder trial, My favourite out of these four was the creepy dollhouse story with the girl from Walking Dead, but they have all been watchable.
My only gripe is they haven't used the Creepshow theme music in the intro, or at least not my favourite section and the appearance of the Creep keeps changing from prosphetic to cartoon to Cgi, they should have just stuck with one version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKgVDLlUSbc

From 1.50 is what they should have used in the intro.

The theme tune would have been a great added touch, watching The Man In The Suitcase and even I'm in pain watching this guy talk while contorted in a case.:lol:

MrBarlow 6th January 2024 01:56 PM

Creepshow.

All Hallow's Eve/ The Man In The Suitcase.
Halloween night a group of teens terrorize a neighbourhood. A young student finds a man in his case who spits out gold coins and his friends decide on what to do.

The Companion/Lydia Layne's Better Half.
A bullied teen takes shelter in a old farm house and discover's the deceased owner's past with a scarecrow. Lydia Layne picks a new project manager and and accidentally kills her lover. While trying to dispose of the body she is trapped in a lift when the power goes out.

So far so good with these episodes and The Companion episode is a bit more enjoyable than what I have seen so far and production values are there for a good 20 min or so scare value and near edge of your seat. Like what Nos42 said in a previous comment, the makers should have used the Creepshow theme.

MrBarlow 6th January 2024 09:25 PM

Creepshow.

Night Of The Paw/Times Is Tough In Musky Holler.
A woman breaks into a funeral home and the mortician tells her about a Monkey's Paw. The town of Musky Holler is run by corruption lead by a Mayor and the locals exact a revenge spree.

Skincrawlers/By The Silver Water Of Lake Champlain.
A radical weight loss treatment using leeches goes wrong during a solar eclipse. Lake Champlain has a urban legend of a sea creature that a young girl wants to search for after her father was after.

From Musky Holler episode, things are kicked up a notch with the gore factor which is what we love to see. This first season certainly was good and had some good actors in it from Adrienne Barbeau, Tobin Bell, Bruce Davison, Jeffrey Combs, Tricia Helfer, David Arquette. Hopefully will start Season 2 tomorrow.

Demoncrat 7th January 2024 10:04 AM

The Curse

Ninth episode appeared so that was nice. If indeed the next is the last, I'm on tenterhooks til then. It all seems that one thing could tip the balance to end their dream. Plus I just noticed that The Dentist plays her father. Myopic Demon!! :rolleyes::nod::lol: