Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

J Harker 22nd June 2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 408098)
TRUE DETECTIVE. Picked this up on impulse whilst out today, thought I'd watch an episode a night over the coming week...439 minutes from the start of the first episode and I've finished the whole series! Truly incredible stuff...possibly the best TV show I have ever seen. I can't recommend this enough.

Fantastic show! Not sure about doing it in one sitting though mate!
Finished Season 4 of Game of Thrones a few nights ago, the best series so far I think.
I've started watching Penny Dreadful, I'm only two episodes in but it has potential. Anyone else watching this?

Bringer Of Funerals 23rd June 2014 05:25 PM

I've nearly finished Season 5 of Dexter

Stephen@Cult Labs 24th June 2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 408183)
I've nearly finished Season 5 of Dexter

Something I've never seen a single episode of. So many things to watch, I just never got into it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 24th June 2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 408260)
Sonething I've never seen a single episode of. So many things to watch, I just never got into it.

Dexter is really good, but does downhill in the last two or three seasons en route to perhaps the most disappointing ending to a long-running series in TV history.

ReversedBible 24th June 2014 07:32 PM

Been watching a lot of Tim and Eric lately. I don't know why their stuff appeals so much to me but it does. :lol:

Planning to start on Bates Motel season 2 soon enough.

keirarts 24th June 2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReversedBible (Post 408278)
Been watching a lot of Tim and Eric lately. I don't know why their stuff appeals so much to me but it does. :lol:

Planning to start on Bates Motel season 2 soon enough.

Tim and eric are the American Vic and Bob. Marathoned the whole lot and loved it.

Just watched Black sails. Its about pirates so worth watching. Added bonus their trying to ape the formula for Game of thrones so lots of nudity and violence.

Throws in a bit of Libertarian-ism political subtext to please rich Americans but its still fun.

ReversedBible 24th June 2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 408333)
Tim and eric are the American Vic and Bob. Marathoned the whole lot and loved it.

Just watched Black sails. Its about pirates so worth watching. Added bonus their trying to ape the formula for Game of thrones so lots of nudity and violence.

Throws in a bit of Libertarian-ism political subtext to please rich Americans but its still fun.

What's Vic and Bob? :confused:

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th June 2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 408261)
Dexter is really good, but does downhill in the last two or three seasons en route to perhaps the most disappointing ending to a long-running series in TV history.

I gave it half the first season. I didn't like Dexter the character. Never liked the guy in Six Feet Under either.

keirarts 24th June 2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReversedBible (Post 408334)
What's Vic and Bob? :confused:

Vic and Bob - Masterchef - YouTube

Mulligan and O'hare Pancake Day - YouTube

Uk comedians. Still going today but did a lot of their best material in the 90's.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th June 2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 408336)
Vic and Bob - Masterchef - YouTube

Mulligan and O'hare Pancake Day - YouTube

Uk comedians. Still going today but did a lot of their best material in the 90's.

Loved by some loathed by others.