Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

BAKA 21st November 2012 04:18 PM

I got my order in :woot: Canceled my Zavvi order too. So happy, I was willing to pay so much more.

doolahrock 21st November 2012 04:51 PM

Kubrik box set up on Zavvi for only £19.95. Even less if you have the discount code. Great set if you don't have it.

Stanley Kubrick Collection Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

BAKA 21st November 2012 05:17 PM

Oh joy, after canceling my Zavvi order, they magically bring the shipping date forward and tell me it's too late to cancel. What a cretinous bunch. Having to initiate a refund request before they've even shipped it :doh:. I bet if I hadn't canceled it the order would have sat for days unmoving. :lol:

Oh well £15 is too much of a price difference to ignore, the hassle is more than worth it.

Nemesis 21st November 2012 06:50 PM

Sorry to hear that Baka and I think you're right - nothing would be happening if you had not cancelled.

I pulled the trigger on this deal, but then I had to cancel. I simply cannot justify it; there's too many other things that I want and I have not watched these enough on dvd to justify an upgrade.

Nemesis 21st November 2012 06:52 PM

I should also point out that the Pete Walker blu collection is going for a very reasonable price on Amazon marketplace - just a little over £36.

Daemonia 22nd November 2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 294302)
I should also point out that the Pete Walker blu collection is going for a very reasonable price on Amazon marketplace - just a little over £36.

Plus the obligatory customs/PO charges. So you'd be looking at nearer £50 for that set. I think I'll wait. ;)

Nemesis 22nd November 2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 294539)
Plus the obligatory customs/PO charges. So you'd be looking at nearer £50 for that set. I think I'll wait. ;)

Ah...no actually - I did not use supermart usa; I used Wingrove9509 (you might want to check out the location of dispatch ;)) It's also region locked, so I'm caving in and going region free.

BAKA 23rd November 2012 12:50 PM

The Universal Classic Monsters set on Amazon's Black Friday just went stupidly quick. Thankfully I managed to get an order in for £22.50. :woot:

darthelvis 23rd November 2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 294803)
The Universal Classic Monsters set on Amazon's Black Friday just went stupidly quick. Thankfully I managed to get an order in for £22.50. :woot:

Me too and Hitchcock the day before.

Jinx_Barkman 23rd November 2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 294803)

I managed to snag one too. Very happy with the price.:cool: