Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > The VHS Vaults
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th February 2013, 01:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonwilson View Post
Really glad to have found this thread discussion as I’m looking to find out the names of all the titles Warner Home Video Released under their Terror Vision and Beyond Vision labels. If you spot any that aren’t on the list or if you have the complete list then please reply.
Hey

Interesting Thread. I have been collecting both Beyond Vision and Terror Vision for some years now. Mostly the Terror Vision Classics with the Collector's Packs and the better known Sci-fi movies on the Beyond Vision Label. I am still looking for Poltergeist.
Anyway I have been checking a lot on Ebay and Amazon + the Catalogue (which is pretty difficult to scan without crushing it), and it seems you are missing:

The Mummy (Terror Vision, Hammer Original)
To the Devil a Daughter (Terror Vision, Hammer Original)

Altered States (Beyond Vision, Cult Classic)
Demon Seed (Beyond Vision, Cult Classic)
Time Machine (Beyond Vision, Cult Classic
Valley of the Gwangi (Beyond Vision, Fantasy Classic)
Warlords of Atlantis (beyond Vision, Cult Classic)
Outer Limits (Beyond Vision, Serial Sci-Fi) (series, multiple videos)

Hope this have been some help.

Regards
Old 7th February 2013, 08:08 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonwilson View Post
I started collecting them in the early 2000's or 99. Your probably right about the cards being limited to the first pressings. I never got any cards with my copy of the Wicker Man which is a shame.

Its annoying because the ones i want the most like Mad max 1 and 2 are very hard to find. Or if they are available their quite expensive. I'm looking for the Fearless Vampire Killers or the Illustrated Man at a reasonable price.
MAD MAX WAS very hard to find.
I found one from CHARTBUSTERS (Anyone remember them?)
Back then we thought we were spoiled with 'special features' like Widescreen presentation and collector's cards.But the cream of Mad Max on Beyond Vision was the original Australian soundtrack!

MAD MAX 2 Was near impossible to find on the label and alas,I never ever managed to track one down....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 21st February 2014, 04:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Although not the Warner Terror Vision collection, around the same time Arthouse Productions released several Tyburn films under the label A Taste of Fear.

Here's some pics of The Creeping Flesh vhs promo version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0759 (Large).jpg (92.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0762 (Large).jpg (95.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0763 (Large).jpg (95.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0764 (Large).jpg (90.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0765 (Large).jpg (68.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 22nd February 2014, 12:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Although not the Warner Terror Vision collection, around the same time Arthouse Productions released several Tyburn films under the label A Taste of Fear.

I had that Taste of Fear edition of The Creeping Flesh, and The Ghoul and Legend of the Werewolf. I sold them off though, when I got my first DVD player.
Old 22nd February 2014, 06:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I had that Taste of Fear edition of The Creeping Flesh, and The Ghoul and Legend of the Werewolf. I sold them off though, when I got my first DVD player.
I had those as well but not anymore unfortunately.

Did any other titles get a release do you know?
Old 22nd February 2014, 06:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah,I wish to hell someone would release them on shiny disc.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 23rd February 2014, 08:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

If I remember correct, The Ghoul was an extended version. A scene with Veronica Carlson in the bath was an added scene ??
Old 24th February 2014, 12:42 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:

Ah this was a sub label of Arthouse put out by my former boss and much-missed industry legend Richard Larcombe. Sadly for him the world then really wasn't as ready to embrace collecting VHS in the same way that DVD suddenly took off so he'd closed Arthouse down by the time it could well have been a great success.

He did though help support the creation of Shameless and Cult Labs which then led to Arrow Video.

It's funny seeing that shot of the tapes and the covers - he sent me a big bag filled with them back in the 90s when I had a video review show on the very first year that Subcity Radio ran in Glasgow. Funnily enough it wasn't a show that survived long.... Fun times though.
Old 24th February 2014, 01:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Ah this was a sub label of Arthouse put out by my former boss and much-missed industry legend Richard Larcombe. Sadly for him the world then really wasn't as ready to embrace collecting VHS in the same way that DVD suddenly took off so he'd closed Arthouse down by the time it could well have been a great success.

He did though help support the creation of Shameless and Cult Labs which then led to Arrow Video.

It's funny seeing that shot of the tapes and the covers - he sent me a big bag filled with them back in the 90s when I had a video review show on the very first year that Subcity Radio ran in Glasgow. Funnily enough it wasn't a show that survived long.... Fun times though.
Thanks Almar.

Nice to hear a bit of back story to the releases.
Old 24th February 2014, 02:23 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Thanks Almar.

Nice to hear a bit of back story to the releases.
It's when this industry was a lot more fun and personalities could run things based on gut instinct - which in the case of A Taste of Fear didn't work out but other things did.

In terms of Terror Vision and was the SF one called Future Vision? Again at the same time I got a huge box (any VHS mailings tended to be monstrous) of both collections when they were launched for review on my decidedly odd show. It was a nice effort - I recall you got the trailer on the tape and of course a little special logo but that really was as exciting as VHS collecting got which is why the height of the DVD boom was so insane in terms of offering collectors a world of new masters, extras and more.

Again though Terror Vision, Redemption, Vipco (when they relaunched in the 90s) all had an influence on Cult Labs and the labels it spawned because seeing these collections racked up in the likes of Tower Records made them irresistible to collect.

Like this? Share it using the links below!