Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Welcome to The Fifth Dimension (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Come Introduce Yourself - In The Fifth Dimension! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/welcome-fifth-dimension/4758-come-introduce-yourself-fifth-dimension.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by it'smebilly (Post 151575)
I don't mind the 4:3 ratio to the TZ. I'm watching the blu rays on a panasonic player and at least the bars at the side are black, normally they're bright gray on most of my other full screen tv sets.

Do you mean on a Panasonic tv, bars at the side when watching 4:3 programs etc, are gray? If so, you can change them to black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it'smebilly 17th May 2011 10:55 PM

Yes I meant to say tv but both are panasonic. I thought it might have been just dvd's that played with the gray bars for some reason. Odd that TZ on blu ray has the black bars though. Do you know how to change it?

the human man 18th May 2011 08:00 AM

Same here mate, Panasonic tv and Bluray. I've tried every setting on the tv and player. I'm used to it now.

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 27th May 2011 08:43 PM

Hi all. Been away for a week, a little break from the 5th Dimension. Lots to post this week! Starting with a new blog entry and some great review links over the weekend. Look forward to catching up with everyone again.

kevin 8th June 2011 12:50 PM

Twilight Zone memories and new a experience of the Twilight Zone

Hi, I'm Kevin. I'm 33 and I first watched the Twilight Zone with my Dad when I was in my early teens. I only ever watched re-runs of course and it was only occassionally on TV, so with the new Blu-ray boxsets coming out now I'm really excited to watch them all back-to-back... well not litterally back-to-back but almost! I'm hooked. The 36 episodes on the first season boxset seem to represent excellent value for money. I can hardly wait for season two! :dance:

kevin 8th June 2011 12:55 PM

black bars on tv

it's just the format that it was shot in originally, they didn't have widescreen back in the 50s and 60s! I'm 99.9% certain that you are not going to be able to change the ratio on your tv to view it any other way. but hey just get wathcing the show and soon you'll be so immersed in the show that I'm sure you'll hardly notice. plus if you were able to tweak it to get it in 9:16 instead of 4:3 or (whatever it is!) it'd no doubt look stretched and awful. just try to enjoy the show and enjoy the beautiful HD quality image as it was intended!! :woot:

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 8th June 2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin (Post 156547)
Hi, I'm Kevin. I'm 33 and I first watched the Twilight Zone with my Dad when I was in my early teens. I only ever watched re-runs of course and it was only occassionally on TV, so with the new Blu-ray boxsets coming out now I'm really excited to watch them all back-to-back... well not litterally back-to-back but almost! I'm hooked. The 36 episodes on the first season boxset seem to represent excellent value for money. I can hardly wait for season two! :dance:

Hey Kevin! Good to have you here Sir! Look forward to talking some Twilight Zone with you :welcome:

the human man 8th June 2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin (Post 156549)
it's just the format that it was shot in originally, they didn't have widescreen back in the 50s and 60s! I'm 99.9% certain that you are not going to be able to change the ratio on your tv to view it any other way. but hey just get wathcing the show and soon you'll be so immersed in the show that I'm sure you'll hardly notice. plus if you were able to tweak it to get it in 9:16 instead of 4:3 or (whatever it is!) it'd no doubt look stretched and awful. just try to enjoy the show and enjoy the beautiful HD quality image as it was intended!! :woot:

Yes i'm used to it now Kev. I've watched all but 5 episodes in just over a week and I'll deffo be watching them again. It's amazing how well it holds up, give or take the odd episode. Welcome to the forum btw:happy:

Gojirosan 8th June 2011 08:30 PM

I'm a huge fan, have been since I was a kid. It was the Channel 4 run of the original series in the 1980s that really got me hooked. I still haven't seen all the original series! Hopefully I will be able to afford to watch them on Blu-Ray!

Along with The Prisoner and Twin Peaks, the original The Twilight Zone is probably my favourite TV show of all time.

Loved the 80s revival too, but have not, yet, seen anything of the latest series.

the human man 8th June 2011 08:49 PM

Don't know if you're old enough mate or Tom might remember, there was a nightclub in Liverpool, at the bottom of Duke street called The Twilight Zone.
Even the lettering above the door was the same.