Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2011, 06:18 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen View Post
It's really annoying that Aussies have many films uncut and in cheap but special-feature packed editions - I might be wrong but I think Mark Of The Devil falls under that bracket. Or it could just have been an import R1 copy! Anyway, there are certain things that have best editions from there, and in some cases, the only ediitions (Wake In Fright).
Pretty sure we don't have Mark of the Devil on DVD out here. All I know about is the US Blue Underground release.
Old 10th July 2011, 06:23 AM
Cultist

I saw it in Brisbane in Rocking Horse - must have been the US version. I was glad to snap up lots of versions of rare films over there tho - Gummo, Sword and Sorceror, Razorback et al for under $10. Got Deadly Blessing - one o my faves and one I think is way under-rated - for under a fiver and it has a Wes Craven commentary. Aussie DVD labels can be pretty sweet! The Cannibal Holocaust SE over there looked amazin.
Old 10th July 2011, 06:27 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen View Post
I saw it in Brisbane in Rocking Horse - must have been the US version. I was glad to snap up lots of versions of rare films over there tho - Gummo, Sword and Sorceror, Razorback et al for under $10. Got Deadly Blessing - one o my faves and one I think is way under-rated - for under a fiver and it has a Wes Craven commentary. Aussie DVD labels can be pretty sweet! The Cannibal Holocaust SE over there looked amazin.
Ah yeah Deadly Blessing is a good release. Most things that Umbrella Entertainment put out are great, easily our best label. We had a habit of slapping Australian ratings stickers on Blue Underground releases in some shops so that could be it.
Old 26th July 2011, 11:07 AM
Cult Addict

I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but Mad Foxes was made to be wrapped in a yellow sleeve!
Gojirosan likes this.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:19 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Just lose yourselves in the pages of these two along with the Giallo Scrapbook 2 ,then pick any film you have not already released. That would make me happy enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51CZQCW7GHL__SL500_AA300_.jpg (23.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg SP197.jpg (84.2 KB, 0 views)
bedorca and Beyond72 like this.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I would love to see a release of Luigi Cozzi's The Black Cat, but my number one choice is still the excellent Death Laid An Egg.
Pete and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:33 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I would love to see a release of Luigi Cozzi's The Black Cat, but my number one choice is still the excellent Death Laid An Egg.
Speaking of Death, if it could also Carry a Cane that would be most welcome
Old 26th July 2011, 12:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Speaking of Death, if it could also Carry a Cane that would be most welcome
Yes it would. I watched the X-Rated release the other day and laughed at the ineptitude of the gore scene restorations!

It's an OK film that deserves better than that version! The Copernicus edition was apparently better but had forced subs, so there is a decent quality uncut print out there somewhere!
Old 26th July 2011, 03:43 PM
Cult Addict

What's the Blood and Black Lace book like? I've heard that there are quite a few mistakes in there.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:22 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
What's the Blood and Black Lace book like? I've heard that there are quite a few mistakes in there.
You may well be right, but i can't really say yes or no. I only tend to read up on films i haven't seen.

Can't rmember the last time i read its review of Tenebrae for example

Like this? Share it using the links below!