Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Why Don't Shameless Release...?

Like Tree37Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1231  
Old 18th July 2015, 09:38 PM
DARKANGEL's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I like the sound of that one. And anything featuring the gorgeous Daniela Giordano has got to be worth a look!
Have you ever seen it g053584398? If not let me know and I can point you in the right direction. I thought it was an odd, but interesting film and Ms. Giordano of course looked smashing in it. She looks terrific in all of them but I believe Ombre Roventi is one of the one's in which her beauty really shines in. There are some pics and what not of it and her other movies here
https://www.facebook.com/ActressDanielaGiordano

The only "proper" release associated with the film was the soundtrack a couple of years ago, which is great- Carlos Savina did a great job and it grooves....but in my opinion the film is what is need of a proper remaster/release.
Reply With Quote
  #1232  
Old 19th July 2015, 10:39 PM
g053584398's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 1,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKANGEL View Post
Have you ever seen it g053584398? If not let me know and I can point you in the right direction. I thought it was an odd, but interesting film and Ms. Giordano of course looked smashing in it. She looks terrific in all of them but I believe Ombre Roventi is one of the one's in which her beauty really shines in. There are some pics and what not of it and her other movies here
https://www.facebook.com/ActressDanielaGiordano

The only "proper" release associated with the film was the soundtrack a couple of years ago, which is great- Carlos Savina did a great job and it grooves....but in my opinion the film is what is need of a proper remaster/release.
No I've never seen that one DARKANGEL. Yeah, it would be good to be pointed in the right direction! Thanks for the link. She really was a beauty. Have you ever watched the Paul Naschy flick Inquisition?
DARKANGEL likes this.
__________________
A bit of a cult...
Reply With Quote
  #1233  
Old 19th July 2015, 10:50 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 56,538
Default

Films I would love to see released by Shameless

Sorry thread title does not compute.

What is Shameless?...

...and what does it have to do with releasing films?
g053584398 and Rik like this.
Reply With Quote
  #1234  
Old 19th July 2015, 11:13 PM
DARKANGEL's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
No I've never seen that one DARKANGEL. Yeah, it would be good to be pointed in the right direction! Thanks for the link. She really was a beauty. Have you ever watched the Paul Naschy flick Inquisition?
I have about 3 different versions of Inquisicion on DVD. The only one I don't have that I have been looking for is the Vallevision one that I saw mentioned on Latarnia some months ago. I would like to have it for the sake of having it but I have yet to come across it when i've looked. If I ever get it, great, if I don't, oh well at this point.

Inquisition is probably Ms. Giordano's best film, at least as far as having a prominent role goes. It is a fine film (full of beauties) and as Naschy's directorial debut- one of my favorite films out of all the one's he did. I love the general theme of the movie though and also thoroughly enjoy the similar one's like MARK OF THE DEVIL & WITCHFINDER GENERAL. I like those movies that have a semblance of truth historically if you will...and you get to see Paul Naschy dressed up as Satan, how can you go wrong with that?
g053584398 and nosferatu42 like this.
Reply With Quote
  #1235  
Old 20th July 2015, 12:53 AM
Sobral's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Portugalia
Posts: 701
Default

The Vellavision disc has been packed with 3 other Naschy flicks on this set (same disc), and has since been re-issued with a new cover (I believe it is the same print, but can't confirm).
None of these have english options.

I believe that if films like this one or El Caminante were more known Naschy would be a bigger name, not only in horror.
__________________
http://s29.postimg.org/ok87oz2wn/Sem_T_tulo.jpg | L E T T E R B O X D
Reply With Quote
  #1236  
Old 20th July 2015, 01:48 AM
DARKANGEL's Avatar
Cultist in Training
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobral View Post
The Vellavision disc has been packed with 3 other Naschy flicks on this set (same disc), and has since been re-issued with a new cover (I believe it is the same print, but can't confirm).
None of these have english options.

I believe that if films like this one or El Caminante were more known Naschy would be a bigger name, not only in horror.
I didn't know that second one with the red skull is the Vellavision one? I actually have that edition of the film. Really great print- the picture is perfect. You are correct; it is Spanish only. I got a good copy of the film in english from Craig who runs Euro Trash Cinema. I don't know what source he used but the picture quality is also good on the disc he offers.

I believe you are correct - a lot of people only know Naschy for his Werewolf films, however, he has a lot of other solid flicks. We are fortunate to be aware of a guy like Naschy and appreciate his work.
Sobral likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #1237  
Old 20th July 2015, 01:59 AM
Sobral's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Portugalia
Posts: 701
Default

Amazon says that the label for this one (with the skull) is Resen, but in fact the first release (with the original poster on the cover) has both Resen's and Vellavision's logos on the back, so I'm betting these two are afilliated (or maybe the same?).
I bought all the Vellavision discs when they first came out except for Curse Of The Devil, because I aready have the BCI & AB discs.
__________________
http://s29.postimg.org/ok87oz2wn/Sem_T_tulo.jpg | L E T T E R B O X D
Reply With Quote
Reply

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/why-dont-shameless-release/793-films-i-would-love-see-released-shameless.html
Posted By For Type Date
La Bambola di Satana (1969) - Classic Italian Horror: Pre-1970 - EUROPE - The Latarnia Forums - Message Board This thread Refback 14th August 2010 08:43 PM


Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.