Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2011, 06:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool idea. Looking forward to what titles Arrow will put out.

Hey reaps - I also like Zombie Lake! A special edition would be great.

I'd also like to see a fully restored edition of Female Vampire - although maybe that would be more fitting for one of Arrow's major releases?
Old 23rd June 2011, 06:07 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
There are newly produced extra features on both Man with the Severed Head and McBain as well as new booklets - the extras are just not as extensive as the Arrow Video line.

Hope that answers your question. This range has been in the planning for a wee bit now and must say I love the covers!
Great to hear that Calum. It's always best day news from the horse's mouth, so to speak!
Old 23rd June 2011, 06:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

ok that has answered my question, as for Mcbain, with what Calum has said i can now rest easy knowing it aint just a crappy re-release and Nos you are right RRP is only recommended. I actually love the cover for Mcbain. I didn't think it would be an bare bones release coming from arrow, just gotta know what i might be buying and whether im getting the best for the money i pay...Cheers both nos and Calum i am now satisfied...
Old 23rd June 2011, 06:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

No new widescreen transfer then, just a few extras and new cover.

I still want TMWTSH as its a Naschy film i don't own, and it slipcase looks good and will almost fit with BCI's Spanish Horror Collection. Mcbain can be picked up for the postage price new on Amazon's marketplace, but i wasn't interested in that anyway.
Old 23rd June 2011, 07:08 PM
Cultist

Oh happy day! Just popped onto Arrow's web site and found out the good news, really looking forward to seeing what gems the guys dig up and I LOVE the new design style
Old 23rd June 2011, 09:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

This is great news, sure this will go down well. And the back catalog of suitable stuff is endless, so once the range is up and running retailers will see the advantage of the two ranges i.e. "buy full price Arrow and get an Arrowdrome free" or "buy 2 get 1 free". In fact "The future's bright... it's Arrow-shaped."
Old 24th June 2011, 06:41 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Excited about this new range and will be preordering via arrow site! There are lots of great titles in the Arrow catalogue that would suit the label.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 24th June 2011, 01:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Mac View Post
Excellent news! Not interested in the Erotica section, but I can't wait for more giallos, action flicks and horror movies!
My sentiments exactly and despite owning a still-sealed copy of Arrow's original TMWTSH DVD i'll be up for buying the new edition for the upgraded extras. More Paul Naschy please as echoed earlier!

I'll not be touching McBain though and would've preferred to see The Exterminator receiving a release where the name 'James Glickenhaus' is concerned. How about Codename:The Soldier too but then again the current U.K. DVD is trimmed.

I would also dearly love to see Arrowdrome tackle an issue of Action Jackson. Such an unsung slice of '80s butt-kicking imo.
Old 24th June 2011, 01:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I don't understand the love for Naschy. Whilst I'll happily admit he's a genre legend, record breaker, all that good stuff... the films are awful!

Admittedly, I've only ever seen about 4, (Full Moon Killer being the last!) but they've all been bum.

However, I would buy a budget release of "Nights of the Wolfman"
Old 24th June 2011, 02:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I don't understand the love for Naschy. Whilst I'll happily admit he's a genre legend, record breaker, all that good stuff... the films are awful!

Admittedly, I've only ever seen about 4, (Full Moon Killer being the last!) but they've all been bum.

However, I would buy a budget release of "Nights of the Wolfman"
You answer your own question.

Sorry to seem picky, but its Night of the Werewolf.

If you like Night of the Werewolf then i would guess you would like all his gothic horror films.

Like this? Share it using the links below!