All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151521Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th August 2011, 01:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
ive got their awful(ly funny) movie...Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park. beyond parody they might be, but this is a real hoot for fans and nonfans alike...well i think so anyway..
This got a cinema release (!) in the UK as Attack Of The Phantoms around 1979/1980. I dragged my poor mother to see it as I was a KISS obsessed ten year old. Never seen it since.
Old 5th August 2011, 02:26 PM
Cultist

Just picked up Blue Undergrounds blu-ray of VAMPYRES, and i must admit the quality was a lot better than i'd been hearing about, infact i thought this was a well presented disc, next purchase DEAD & BURIED methinks, any feedback on picture quality on this one would be appreciated
Old 5th August 2011, 02:57 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Dead & Buried looks and sounds extremely good considering its age and the budget it had. There are also two or three commentary tracks which I intend to go through when I have some spare time, whenever that will be!

Following the recommendation from bizarre_eye, I've just bought The Bed Sitting Room (BFI) for the grand total of £6.49. The synopsis is brilliantly barmy and the cast is a who's who of comedic talent.
Old 5th August 2011, 03:22 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Planet Axel have just e-mailed to let me know that Burial Ground has shipped.
Old 5th August 2011, 04:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Makes sense as it was written by the man behind Tromeo and Juliet. Did you notice the cameo from Lloyd Kaufman as well?
Yeah! Kaufman got a cheer when he came on.(noticed he has a cameo in crank 2 as well) Good to see the director mr gunn kept the troma sensebilities alive with this movie, great stuff.

Plus, funhouse arived this morning!, been at work all day so only had time to check out the pq, much better than my old region 1 disc which shall be going on amazon for sale (or possibly donated to a friends teenage son just getting into oldschool horror after I made him watch nightmare on elm street.)
Either way the review on amazon seems to have got it a bit wrong (too soft my a$$, its seems to be the best i've seen it)
also as a bonus the company that sent me my usb key cocked up the order in a good way, I have me 3 micro sd cards for free!
Old 5th August 2011, 08:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

postie brought me these 2 days ago but i missed the post and had to pay an extra 1.50 to get it redelivered to my local post office, oh well got some awesome stuff though....

WILD GEESE
DEATH RIDES A HORSE
TANGO & CASH

never seen Tango and Cash, it was on TCM the other night but didn't bother watching it because i new the dvd was on the way.
Old 5th August 2011, 09:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I keep meaning to buy a good KISS live dvd. I have seen the band 4 times over the years and need a live dvd. Any recomendations?
Kiss Alive IV (Symphony) or Rock the Nation.
Old 5th August 2011, 09:37 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
never seen Tango and Cash, it was on TCM the other night but didn't bother watching it because i new the dvd was on the way.
Decent action comedy flick - if you like Stallone and Russell, it'll be a nice evening for you!

Greetings!

PS: Jack Palance's face is priceless - as usual.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Kiss Alive IV (Symphony) or Rock the Nation.
Cheers Fury. I forgot i had Symphony, but it doesn't count really being with orchestra rather than the full Kiss show. I will have a look at Rock the Nation though.

I watched the dvd part of Sonic Boom last night and it made me realise i don't have a KISS live dvd.
Old 5th August 2011, 10:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I've got the first Anthology set as well, which is a cracker. I bloody love Kiss.

Like this? Share it using the links below!