Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > Before The 1970's > The 1950's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree167Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2014, 11:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Latest news....

Cheers Dave, I did a quick search on FB and couldn't find anything. Seems to me like not all discs are faulty, maybe I have one that isn't
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th May 2014, 10:25 AM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Dear Hammer Fans,

Icon Home Entertainment have released this statement regarding an alleged fault with the Blu-Ray release of Frankenstein & the Monster from Hell:

"Further to the results of an independent quality control review we can confirm that there was an inherent fault present in the first run of the Blu-Ray included in “Frankenstein & The Monster From Hell”, catalogue number: ICON70235

We will be re-issuing the film from a corrected master with a fresh catalogue number.

We are in the process of setting up a freepost address to which customers affected can send the faulty Blu-Ray disc of “Frankenstein & The Monster From Hell” for replacement by return.

The address and further instructions on the return programme will be confirmed and announced tomorrow.

It’s great to hear all the positive comments about the product and the recognition of the amount of effort that Icon, Hammer and our various partners have put into this release. We’re very proud of it and want to ensure that people have the best possible experience of it. We thank you for your patience in this matter."
Rik, Vipp and Dave Boy like this.
Old 7th May 2014, 11:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just put mine in and there is indeed a glitch on both versions of the film, as stated here:

Frankenstein & The Monster From Hell UK Blu Ray Release in Hammer Horror Forum
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th May 2014, 11:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

EDIT: I just noticed my message was posted above, sorry guys. just woke up. lol.
Old 12th May 2014, 10:04 AM
Cult Acolyte

Hammer Films-Thanks again for your patience awaiting the Freepost address.

For all those who would like to have their discs replaced, please send back the affected Blu-ray disc only and your contact details to the below address:

Freepost RTJA-KZTL-JECZ
ICON RETURNS
Wednesbury One
Black Country New Road
Wednesbury
WS10 7NY

Please note that the new batch of Blu-ray discs will be ready for distribution w/c May 19th. Assuming we have your correct contact details, your replacement Blu-ray disc will be sent in to you by first class return.

If you have any problems receiving your disc or want to ensure we have your correct contact details, please use the following email address: dvdteam@sonopress.co.uk
Old 21st May 2014, 09:44 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I sent my Blu-ray disc on Friday & the corrected disc arrived today in a thin padded envelope.The previous errors on the 1.66:1 & 1.37:1 versions have been corrected.
Old 21st May 2014, 11:16 AM
Cult Acolyte

Mine arrived this morning as well.
Old 21st May 2014, 11:38 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mine too, gonna check it out later
Old 22nd May 2014, 08:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Watched the replacement disc last night (1.66:1) version.
No problems. Everything looks excellent.
Old 22nd May 2014, 08:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Watched the replacement disc last night (1.66:1) version.

No problems. Everything looks excellent.

Good stuff, haven't checked mine yet
VitoC likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!