Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree344Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2012, 05:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Can't believe there has been no mention of a BD still. After the remake and now The Wicker Tree doing the rounds, surely now's a better time than ever to get it out there!... or do we have to wait till next year for the 40th anniversary . . . ?
Hmm could well have a point there SJ.

I'll glady wait another year if they come up with some new anniversary material!

One last interview regarding the film with Sir Christopher would be nice.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th April 2012, 05:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Very nice, Reaps. You're almost like me with The Exorcist!
Oh,I've a few of them as well Nos!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th April 2012, 05:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Can't believe there has been no mention of a BD still. After the remake and now The Wicker Tree doing the rounds, surely now's a better time than ever to get it out there!... or do we have to wait till next year for the 40th anniversary . . . ?
Although I want one really soon, like yesterday, next year would be perfect for the 40th anniversary and to give various production companies and distributors enough time to gather as much bonus material as possible and properly restore the source material – all of it, not just the negative from the theatrical cut.
Old 7th April 2012, 05:51 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Oh,I've a few of them as well Nos!
As many as me? If so, I'd love to see your collection and find out which ones I need to buy!
Old 7th April 2012, 05:54 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

How many discs you got mate?

Old 7th April 2012, 06:18 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
How many discs you got mate?
Ten in total – four BDs and six DVDs.
Old 12th July 2012, 06:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default STILL on the trail of The Wicker Man

I'm just back from another relaxing week in Wickersville,i.e. Dumfries and Galloway.
This time I was determined to track down the studio of uber talented artist Amanda Sunderland whose Wicker Man Paintings you may have heard of, or more likey to have seen,if you're like me an obsessive Summerisle fan.
She resides on the second most southerly point of Scotland,on the Isle of Whithorn,which rests at the foot of the Burrowhead clifftops in which the legendary sacraficial monolith was actually burned.
After a good hour and a bit's drive from my digs in Kirkudbright,I tracked down her studio which was situated in the harbour above the fishmonger's shop.
Disappointment clouded over me when I was told that she had moved......
A quick pint at the hotel next door unearthed a poster advertising her studio-but open certain days only.Not the day I was here......
However,the kindly old lady who owned the hotel told me where she was and that I should give the door a knock!
Finding her house ,her mother kindly invited us in and told us that Amanda was undergoing treatment for a serious illness.(Which we wish her all the best for a full recovery!)
So we had a chat about her work and I eagerly purchased some Wicker related prints and TShirts!
Amanda's Mother told us that her husband had been an extra up on Burrowhead cliffs when the film was made!

If you're ever down that remote corner of Scotland and are a fan of Britain's greatest cult film,be sure to track an amazing talent down and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing her a full and speedy recovery!

After that a trip 4 miles uphill to the Burrowhead holiday park and on to the clifftops!

Earlier in this thread you may have seen the photos from the area.I never managed to track down the remains of the actual stumps,and this time I was determined to find them!
As you can see on a very blustery day,I succeeded!

I took a small momento of the stump remains and put it in a small compartment in my boot!

To my dismay,yesterday I put my car in for a mini valet and the knuckledraggers who valeted it,hoovered up my souveneir......

Here's a sequel title for you.......THE HOOVER MAN WHO VACCUMED THE WICKER MAN......

Oh well,it won't be long before I'm back,and now it'll mean another trip up on to Burrowhead!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 171.jpg (95.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 173.jpg (97.4 KB, 17 views)
Mojo, bdc, Pete and 8 others like this.

Old 12th July 2012, 10:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Sounds like you had a great time, mate, I'd love to travel out there, it looks so nice. One day, I'm sure.
Old 13th July 2012, 08:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You'd love it mate.
All locations are viewable in one day!

Old 14th July 2012, 12:49 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
You'd love it mate.
All locations are viewable in one day!
That sounds great, mate - I'm sure we'll venture up there one day.

Like this? Share it using the links below!