Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 1970's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree344Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th July 2013, 07:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

£11 more than the Zavvi steelbook, think I'll stick with my Zavvi order!

Edit: Didn't release it contained the soundtrack, hmmm
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th July 2013, 07:26 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
From their Facebook pages:

Tuesday - "We decided to check the Harvard archives in the U.S. to see if they had anything. We were very excited to hear that they did have a print, which they measured and informed us it was 91 ½ minutes long! They sent the grabs below to prove the extra length. The print came into their collection in the 90s from a private collector and had been in cold storage since 2004.We decided to check the Harvard archives in the U.S. to see if they had anything. We were very excited to hear that they did have a print, which they measured and informed us it was 91 ½ minutes long! They sent the grabs below to prove the extra length. The print came into their collection in the 90s from a private collector and had been in cold storage since 2004."

Tuesday - "We contacted Abraxas early on in our search but unfortunately all they have in their archives is a 1" tape master that is sadly, not of a good enough quality to restore…However, as Robin has confirmed for us, the print we've found at Harvard is from the Abraxas release in 1979 anyway!"

Wednesday - "Even though sadly, we were unable to locate the original negative – We are very excited to be able to present to you a version of the film that is true to Robins Hardy’s original vision and that isn't marred by inconsistencies, most importantly in respect to the quality of sound and image from scene to scene. This is the first proper HD restoration there has been, and this will allow us to release the longest cut ever before seen in UK cinemas! We’d say that deserves a high five!"

Thursday (today) - "To all The Wicker Man fans, you’ll be very pleased to know the Blu-ray will include the UK theatrical cut, The Directors Cut (with seamless branching into extra scenes) and of course The Final Cut, plus lots more - now there's a reason to celebrate! Keep following The Wicker Man for more details"

Thursday (today) - "Hello Wicker Man fans, just to let you know that The Final Cut will be available on both DVD and Blu-ray through Amazon, we will let you know when it is ready for pre-order, which will be very soon! We want to give you more information on the release including the extras, which will be announced shortly. Keep following The Wicker Man for more details!"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wicker-Man-4...the+wicker+man - DVD

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wicker-Man-A...the+wicker+man - Blu-Ray
I saw earlier today on Facebook that It would get a "standard" blu-ray, I was contemplating getting it instead if the steelbook, but £26.65???? They can keep it!
Old 30th July 2013, 02:19 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Behind the scenes of The Wicker Man

For some juicy behind-the-scenes stories while you wait for The Final Cut to be released, read my e-book available at Amazon:

The Wicker Man: Conversations with Robin Hardy, Anthony Shaffer & Edward Woodward

It won't burn a hole in your pocket.
Old 30th July 2013, 03:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Press release sent to Cinema Retro
RESTORED VERSION OF "THE WICKER MAN" TO BE RELEASED IN UK THEATRES - Celebrating Films of the 1960s & 1970s
Old 30th July 2013, 06:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Results Of The Wicker Man Lost Treasure Hunt To Be Revealed | SFX

VERY interesting indeed.
They contacted me regarding the shooting script I have.
'Fraid it's not leaving my posession.But-I did offer to photocopy it,but they never replied.
** Do you have a photocopy of the shooting script? i would love to actually pay for a printout of it, i bet its amazing reading. How did you come about owning such a brilliant thing?

This is all brilliant news! i love the Wicker man, i hope they send a print to Nottingham so i can see it on the big screen.

EDIT - I love the new artwork on the Blu-Ray disc. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wicker-Man-A...labs-forums-21
Old 30th July 2013, 07:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I saw earlier today on Facebook that It would get a "standard" blu-ray, I was contemplating getting it instead if the steelbook, but £26.65???? They can keep it!
Well if amazons info is right it's 3 discs movie on one, a disc of extras and a soundtrack while steelbook just seems a blu ray and DVD , so might go for the a,amzon version
Old 30th July 2013, 08:19 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippo View Post
** Do you have a photocopy of the shooting script? i would love to actually pay for a printout of it, i bet its amazing reading. How did you come about owning such a brilliant thing?

This is all brilliant news! i love the Wicker man, i hope they send a print to Nottingham so i can see it on the big screen.

EDIT - I love the new artwork on the Blu-Ray disc. The Wicker Man - 40th Anniversary Editon [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Edward Woodward: Film & TV
Read earlier on this thread dear Vippo....
Vipp likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th July 2013, 08:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
Read earlier on this thread dear Vippo....
I will keep reading, got to page 19 of the thread, i keep expecting to find a scan of every page, my god this film might just be the best film to have ever been made in the UK. the soundtrack is also just almost perfect. Also Reaps you are right, this film can be watched over and over again and not get old.
Old 15th August 2013, 04:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

i have been researching the claims that this Final Cut will be at cinemas from September 27th, but guys i can't find any info past that? i really would hate to miss seeing this epic film on the big screen, can any one of you guys get any info from inside sources concerning this?

I will be picking up the Blu-Ray, i can't get over how nice the art work looks.
Old 15th August 2013, 07:43 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippo View Post
i have been researching the claims that this Final Cut will be at cinemas from September 27th, but guys i can't find any info past that? i really would hate to miss seeing this epic film on the big screen, can any one of you guys get any info from inside sources concerning this?
It's showing at the BFI Southbank on Sept 17th, with a Q&A session with director Robin Hardy

Sadly, it's already sold out!

https://whatson.bfi.org.uk/Online/de...3-A9B38A47D79B

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!