Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2000's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th November 2009, 07:11 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll reserve judgement then,as it may have some redeeming brutality.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 25th January 2010, 07:57 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
I think I was one of the few who found the film interesting, I'm not a major Halloween fan so can live with the changes he's made. The idea of getting into the killers head was a good one, it's flawed movie to say the least, but I'm looking forward to re-visiting it.

It was also brutal as sheeeit!
I kind of agree. I didn't really like the remake, but this is so far removed from Halloween now that there's really no connection there any more apart from a few things like names and the mask. Loomis is Loomis in pretty much name only.

As a Halloween film, I can see why it rubs people the wrong way, but to be honest, I never cared for the sequels beyond part 2 anyway so I'm really removed from needing new Halloween to be particulary halloween-ish anyway.
Old 25th January 2010, 05:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

AS I've put on the Blu Ray thread.
BEWARE THE CANADIAN R1 IS LOCKED!

Looks like I'll need to wait a little longer before seeing it.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 26th January 2010, 06:29 AM
Cultist in Training

I thought H II was dreary, even allowing for the diminishing returns of sequelitis. Gore, fury, screams... Never scary, cleverly plotted, or even good to look at. Why is everything in Zombie-land so drab or ugly? (As a director, he's certainly no David Lynch when it comes to making filmed grotesques fascinate us with awful beauty.)

Also saw Mr Zombie's animated feature, The Haunted World Of El Superbeasto which is tiresome nonsense and even worse than his live-action films.
Old 31st January 2010, 07:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just finished watching H2 on blu-ray and all I can say is I've never seen a bigger steaming turd of a movie than this film.I know Laurie was traumatized by the events in the first film but she's such and whiny unpleasant character that I wished Michael would kill her as soon a possible just to put ME out of my mysery of having to listen to her.And lets not forget about Michael,not wearing his mask for a good portion of the movie,looking like some sort of Grizzly Adams wanabee and groaning like a fat sweaty man having sex everytime he plunged his big knife into someone.All I can say is thank god Zombie doesn't want to make Halloween 3,means I don't need to be subjected to any more of Sheri Moon Zombie's "acting" either,but then again,it couldn't be any worse than part 2.
Old 31st January 2010, 07:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Dont get me started on Zombieween, that was utter trash. I was going to fall asleep half way through it. So no way was I going to give any money towards H2 let alone watch it for free in other ways. Its not worth my time or hard drive space.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 31st January 2010, 08:00 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Oh I'm sure there are people who will think H2 is a good movie.I'm just not one of them.
Old 31st January 2010, 10:40 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Just finished watching H2 on blu-ray and all I can say is I've never seen a bigger steaming turd of a movie than this film.I know Laurie was traumatized by the events in the first film but she's such and whiny unpleasant character that I wished Michael would kill her as soon a possible just to put ME out of my mysery of having to listen to her.And lets not forget about Michael,not wearing his mask for a good portion of the movie,looking like some sort of Grizzly Adams wanabee and groaning like a fat sweaty man having sex everytime he plunged his big knife into someone.All I can say is thank god Zombie doesn't want to make Halloween 3,means I don't need to be subjected to any more of Sheri Moon Zombie's "acting" either,but then again,it couldn't be any worse than part 2.
Could not have said it any better. It goes on my list of worst horror of 2009!

BD collection
Old 31st January 2010, 11:15 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I was really surprised tbh.I've enjoyed all of Rob Zombie's movies including the Halloween remake,so it came as a shock just how much I hated H2.
Old 1st February 2010, 05:11 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Oh dear....

Like this? Share it using the links below!