Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > The 1970's And Beyond > The 2010's
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th September 2010, 10:33 PM
Active Cultist

Watched this at the theatre earlier today. I thought the start of the movie was the strongest part. I enjoyed the build up. It's a bit sloppy in places but I thought the lead guy did really well to manage the goofyness of his character. The ending however seemed a little bit, well...tacked on.

It's a decent watch, though. I will get it on DVD and see if a second viewing will fill any of the plot-chasms that I thought it had when the credits rolled.
Old 19th September 2010, 12:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

im still undecided on the ending.
Part of me wants to think it was bad and other part dont

it was certainly out there and I can think of far worse endings.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th September 2010, 12:43 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
My review of this movie is up at Flash-Bang;

The Last Exorcism

It's fatal drafting a review during a lucnhtime, at work. I'm not entirely happy with my review but it reflects the difficulty in reviewing a movie that you don't want to spoil for others.

I genuinely liked the movie but realise that it will polarise horror film fans. If you don't fancy testosterone fuelled action movies next week give it a try. It will provide much in the way of talking points if nothing else.

Feel free to give an opinion, if you also caught a screening but please make sure you give a clear *SPOILER* warning if discussing the final 5 minutes.
I may give this one a miss myself, Possession movies focusing around a young girl, have been milked dry. Plus I was bored ridged by THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE. This has pretty much put me off watching any more films of this type. But I may watch this some day, you never know...Once you've seen THE EXORCIST, and say AMITYVILLE 2, you really don't need to see another one of these films really...
Eli Roth is involved with this? His two HOSTEL films were very effective horrors, those films played on my mind for best part of a week! Disturbing. I wonder what the chances are, that there could be "murder for profit" businesses, somewhere in the world. I think there's probably a good chance that there is. Knowing how screwed up the world is right now...
Doesn't bare thinking about really. Sends a chill down the spine... You know what I'd like to see? I would like to see a HOSTEL 3, where the piece of s**t behind it all, gets what's coming to him!...... Everybody cheer!!!
Old 3rd November 2014, 02:51 PM
Active Cultist

Just put my review of this online - The Last Exorcism review. The review is of the Optimum Blu-ray and includes full resolution screencaps.

tl;dr - Personally I enjoyed this, although given the faux-documentary style and polarising ending, I can see audiences being split on it. I appreciated the different approach to the material and clever script.

Like this? Share it using the links below!