Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree561Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th December 2012, 02:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Ill be forever grateful to Arrow for introducing me to the labs when i got my Day and Dawn Blu Rays. As much as i love Arrow i love Cult Labs much more and have met some amazing people here. My posts might mostly be rubbish but this is a great place and its the people here that make it great not Arrow so heres to many more years of the labs and hopefully ill be here as long as it continues.

Only after joining this forum did i realise that i dont know jack about films. The people on this forum have opened my eyes so much to what i was missing out on. Im really looking forward to what comes next and spending all my money now on 88 films releases

Its sad to see Arrow leave but there seems like exciting times are ahead well if the world does not come crashing down around our ears next Friday
Old 15th December 2012, 05:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
if the world does not come crashing down around our ears next Friday
Perhaps that's why Arrow f@&ked off, heh heh.

And well said by the way, good post.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 15th December 2012, 05:32 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Just to be clear, I'm not bitching or whining. I'm simply making an observation that I think Arrow's decision to leave Cult Labs was a bad business decision. I've already said it won't make any difference to me and that I will continue to buy their releases if it's something I want. It certainly makes no difference to my life in the slightest.

On the other hand, I do feel a little bit insulted that Arrow want to distance themselves from us here at Cult Labs. But it's not anything to really fret about. And I always criticised Arrow when they made a mess of anything, so it's not as if I'm suddenly a critic whereas I wasn't before.

It's just time to move on. I wish Arrow well, but I'm not sure how well Facebook feedback is going to work out for them.
There's no doubt in my mind that Almar and Cult Labs made Arrow what it is today. I knocked out about 30 covers for Almar and I can tell you now that his passion and desire to make Arrow the most distinctive DVD distributer out there was 2nd to none. We had plenty of disagreements over various designs but I have to admit that most of the great ideas were his and all the fat arse/big squid disasters were mine! Either way, we had a great couple of years and apart from Tenebrae I can't think of anything we did together that wasn't totally original. Shite occasionally but original!
It's true that you bugger's can be brutal in your criticisms but that's what makes Cult Labs so great. Even great designers like The Dude have staggered off of here with their plums kicked purple after optimistictly posting their latest. Long may it last!
Still, I better shut up and mind my own. Those yanks aren't going to keep buying my tacky Hammer's forever!
Old 15th December 2012, 08:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
You mean like how these two beardo's* are actual musicians!

*A beardo is like a weirdo, except they have a beard
I'm wading in here, I might be seeing things but are you suggesting Chas 'n' Dave aren't musicians? I suppose this "A Christmas Knees Up With Chas 'n' Dave" musical cd is a figment of my imagination?
Old 15th December 2012, 08:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I'm wading in here, I might be seeing things but are you suggesting Chas 'n' Dave aren't musicians? I suppose this "A Christmas Knees Up With Chas 'n' Dave" musical cd is a figment of my imagination?
Nah, it was an attempt at winding Vic up, of course they're musicians, just bad ones IMO
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 15th December 2012, 08:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy Aint No Pleasing rik

Quote:
Nah, it was an attempt at winding Vic up, of course they're musicians, just bad ones IMO
Aint No Pleasing some people

Old 15th December 2012, 08:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I think you should go and see them live, it will change you!
Daemonia and VicDakin like this.
Old 15th December 2012, 08:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
I think you should go and see them live, it will change you!
Ive told him Sharon if gets his band to do Chas and Dave covers they'll be as famous as Steve Brookstein or Jedward .
Daemonia likes this.
Old 15th December 2012, 09:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

Only just spotted the activity in this thread. What's all this about Arrow leaving Cult Labs? What does that mean exactly? We're not allowed to talk about Arrow on here anymore Will Arrow be setting up a new forum I'm confused . . .
Old 15th December 2012, 09:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
Ive told him Sharon if gets his band to do Chas and Dave covers they'll be as famous as Steve Brookstein or Jedward .
Some of the places we play, we'd be hung drawn and quartered for playing Chas and Dave, I'll suggest it next time we meet up and take a photo of the lads' reaction
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!