Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree561Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th December 2012, 05:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
That's a bit of a confrontational post, ArrowFan. I'd argue that you're not 'blunt and honest' but more rude and antagonistic. You do seem to get a kick out of being inflammatory and trying to upset people. Fact is, these forums (and Almar) helped shape and make Arrow what they are today and it would have at least been courteous of them to thank us for our input and give some sort of explanation as to their leaving. Just a thought.

Sorry if you take it as inflammatory but honestly it was post after childish post. Yes people are upset they have left the forum. And am I trying to entice a response. Maybe but more than that I am trying to entice actually thoughts about the way the forum is reacting.
I'll upset a couple people if it ends up getting the right message across.

I'm willing to bet that most of the people I've mentioned don't take what I said personally. I have nothing against them as posters but those posts were not or at least didn't come across the best. If anyone had just joined up they'd definitely read it and say " oh that's why Arrow left the forum."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Guess this one is directed at people like myself.

Some of the suggestions on FB are ridiculous. and saying so is not being elitist. Honestly, people asking for The Beyond and even Zombi 2???? Do they know anything about Arrow? It's a joke. And the craziest thing? someone asking Arrow Video to release a Eurythmics dvd.
A lot of those people may have just discovered Arrow so the answer is No they probably aren't aware. They are getting responses from all sorts of people, all over because it isn't a smaller forum that specializes in cult films its Facebook with a HUGE amount of people and traffic.

Not sure if you are aware of exactly how powerful a marketing tool Facebook and social media as a whole has become but they will reach a lot more people.

I didn't find Arrow through here. That was Horror Hound magazine. But I did find here through Arrow. It's been more than a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Neither Arrow nor Cult Labs truly owes any debt to the other cause both profited in a way from there relationship.

What I said wasn't a personal attack at all. By far and large I find you one of the better posters but I'd hope when I make the not so great post( which I do ) you can call me on it too without any bad feelings.
Old 16th December 2012, 05:13 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post

Facebook has become one of the greatest resources in order to grow and expand business. If you have a business and you don't have Facebook and twitter then that's just sad.

There are others on here who are thinking this but saying it a mite more politely . I'm not . I'm honest and blunt. Arrow is gone, I don't know the specifics behind it but I do know that anyone that thinks choosing Facebook or a smaller forum is the death knell of a company..please, please never attempt to run or go into any business.
You ever ran your own business,or just went to business school?
platostotal likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th December 2012, 05:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
You ever ran your own business,or just went to business school?
Both. Though did it backwards .

I have run several businesses actually. Smaller things like stores when I was younger right up to owning my own rare /collectors movie business.

Right now I've basically gone back to business school because I'm going to be running a large Bed & Breakfast in Morocco for a high paying clientele. So I wanna make sure everything goes right. So far our highest clientele rate has been from South Africa.

Plus my gf will be starting a Morrocan themed restaurant here in Canada in the next three years.

Most of my family have been in business. My grandfather was a carpenter and ran his own business for years even besting bigger companies for the contracts for some hospitals and visitors centers. So I guess it's kinda in the blood.
Old 16th December 2012, 05:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I can understand where Arrowfan is coming from regarding FB, it's a huge database of people, like the internet yellow pages and it's much more handy to promote themselves on FB than on a forum, now, i found this place because of Arrow's Dawn DVD and i've met some neat guys and gal's on here who were all active in making arrow the label it is, artwork choices etc... what i don't like is how the company just dropped the labs without a thank you or anything to the guys on here who basically helped create a fantastic label. As for ripping on people on FB for their recommendations, yes some may be new to Arrow but at the beginning of every blu and every DVD is an advert for the labs, so even if you are new you would think hey this might be a good place to check out what other releases arrow have done, it's common sense, some of the recommendations are bloody silly.

What i am more interested in now that Arrow has no longer got a dedicated forum is what Almar has up his sleeves. Arrow cost me alot of money in the past, which is a good thing and a bad thing looking at some of the last few releases but with 88films, Second Sight, Eureka and others taking over as better labels it's sad to see them go but it's time to champion someone else.
fuzzymctiger and Criterion7 like this.
Old 16th December 2012, 05:28 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
Both. Though did it backwards .

I have run several businesses actually. Smaller things like stores when I was younger right up to owning my own rare /collectors movie business.

Right now I've basically gone back to business school because I'm going to be running a large Bed & Breakfast in Morocco for a high paying clientele. So I wanna make sure everything goes right. So far our highest clientele rate has been from South Africa.

Plus my gf will be starting a Morrocan themed restaurant here in Canada in the next three years.

Most of my family have been in business. My grandfather was a carpenter and ran his own business for years even besting bigger companies for the contracts for some hospitals and visitors centers. So I guess it's kinda in the blood.
Just wondered if you ever owned a business that Facebook drummed up tens of thousands for you.....

I've tried Facebook for my business,not brought a lot,I can tell you.

I spend money on smaller,more dedicated lines of advertising which has brought me tens of thousands.

Just shows.What's taught in theory DOESN'T always translate in REAL life.

So please,don't ever tell anyone who hasn't Facebook or Twitter not to think about going into business.
As Daemonia said,Inflammatory and that's putting it politely.
Daemonia, Rik and fuzzymctiger like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th December 2012, 05:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Just wondered if you ever owned a business that Facebook drummed up tens of thousands for you.....

I've tried Facebook for my business,not brought a lot,I can tell you.

I spend money on smaller,more dedicated lines of advertising which has brought me tens of thousands.

Just shows.What's taught in theory DOESN'T always translate in REAL life.

So please,don't ever tell anyone who hasn't Facebook or Twitter not to think about going into business.
As Daemonia said,Inflammatory and that's putting it politely.
It's all in how you utilize it. Can I ask what type of business you have. Yes I've helped my soon to be sister in law in utilizing social media to grow her baking business. Neil Gaiman liked her Sandman themed cupcakes and retweeted tem on his Twiiter. It landed her a HUGE contract within the week.

Any advertising that's not utilized right be it a poster on a wall or a Facebook ad. You do need the ads and should track the metrics. Just having a simple Facebook account isn't enough for a larger business. You pay to get the amount of notice you can afford.

Maybe your type of business doesn't need to utilize that but yes most modern business especially ones dealing in any type of multimedia or entertainment should be heavily involved in social media. If you don't agree that's fine but t doesn't change the facts.

I'm not a 20 year old college student with no basis aside from theory. I'm a 41 year old man that's ran successful businesses and I understand globalization and having to shift and change with the times.

And yes please if you are going into a new business venture you should know and explore all avenues because you are hurting yourself if you don't. That's not inflammatory it's common sense.

@Pedromonkey I agree that it seems in incredibly bad form of Arrow how quickly Cult got dropped from Arrow. That's wt I'd like to hear more on.
Old 16th December 2012, 05:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

[QUOTE=ArrowFan;302766. If you don't agree that's fine but t doesn't change the facts.

.[/QUOTE]

Not the same facts I have.
Daemonia and Criterion7 like this.

Old 16th December 2012, 05:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Not the same facts I have.
I'm sure I could find a successful social media marketing for your business even if I have to drag you not modern times ( hoping you get the humor there I'm sooooo tired of being vilified cause I try to get people to give passionate reactions)
Old 16th December 2012, 05:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Modern times?

Look at the Global ecconomy.The state of the place.

You can keep your modern times!
Daemonia, VicDakin, Rik and 5 others like this.

Old 16th December 2012, 06:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Modern times?

Look at the Global ecconomy.The state of the place.

You can keep your modern times!
And yet almost any business you can think of has a Facebook link on there page and a Twitter right next to it.

I like collecting..I need money to collect...business gives me money...social media expands the money I recieve. = Happy Me

You realize you are debating business through social media on a forum that is in and of itself...a type of social media.

Like this? Share it using the links below!