LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th December 2012, 09:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
So is Vic.
Old 16th December 2012, 09:43 PM
Cult Addict

Ok some of the requests on that facebook page are just silly, particularly those for things arrow has already done. Zombi 2 in particular being absurd. A Eurythmics vid being a bit daft too. However I don't see why NOTLD is such a stupid thing to ask for a definitive bells and whistles edition of. Yes there are other blu releases of it I know but no one has ever ever put the effort into a real nice version, combining and hopefully adding some quality new extras. Given Arrow have nice slipcase releases of the Dawn and Day it seems a no brainer that they should do a nice ultimate edition. Surely the public domain status just means less financial layout up front doesn't it?
Old 16th December 2012, 10:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Ok some of the requests on that facebook page are just silly, particularly those for things arrow has already done. Zombi 2 in particular being absurd. A Eurythmics vid being a bit daft too. However I don't see why NOTLD is such a stupid thing to ask for a definitive bells and whistles edition of. Yes there are other blu releases of it I know but no one has ever ever put the effort into a real nice version, combining and hopefully adding some quality new extras. Given Arrow have nice slipcase releases of the Dawn and Day it seems a no brainer that they should do a nice ultimate edition. Surely the public domain status just means less financial layout up front doesn't it?
i think it's probably more about how it's freely available on blu and DVD in the U.K so would seem pointless releasing something that people can get for about £5 on Blu and £1.99 on dvd.
Old 16th December 2012, 10:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post

Someone even made fun of someone wanting a special edition of Session 9. I don't know if in the uk there is one but I'll second that want. Session 9 was a brilliant film and definitely could use a special edition. If there's already one link me too it. If there's not and you are making fun of the film...that's wrong.
Yeah that was me, but I wasnt really making fun of it, it was more of an example of a film that just wouldnt fit, because I was using it as an example of similar suggestions over in the Scream Factory thread at blu-ray.com.

It's a fantastic film, and I would love it on blu ray, but Scream Factory so far has been a predominantly 80's & 70's brand, with films with big cult followings, and I don't think that Session 9 really has that big of a following for a Collectors Edition (Which the person was asking for), or even that much to talk about for special features.

It wouldn't have a problem fitting in the Arrow collection, as Arrow have released more recent films in their collection, which probably don't have a following, like Blood Feast 2, Pervert and the Fantastic Factory collection.

But yes, it could definitely use a special edition anywhere, as it's a great film, but it probably wouldn't fit in certain labels.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 16th December 2012, 10:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Facebook has become one of the greatest resources in order to grow and expand business. If you have a business and you don't have Facebook and twitter then that's just sad.
You want to know which label doesn't have an official Facebook page or Twitter?

Shameless

Old 16th December 2012, 10:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I enjoy debate. To be fair on the homepage alone there are 50 topics to chose from, not including the many topics within. No one forces you to read this thread.
Wow now that's just rude. Have you thought that maybe people want to read THIS thread, and try find out more about Arrows departure, without having to sit through Social Media in your Business 101?
Daemonia and Rik like this.

Old 16th December 2012, 10:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
You want to know which label doesn't have an official Facebook page or Twitter?

Shameless
They have a Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sham...entertainment/
fuzzymctiger likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 16th December 2012, 10:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I don't have a problem with you or anyone else here for that matter and I've just reread the Scream Factory thread to see what you were going on about. Yeah I said you were starting to bore me, the reason was because anytime someone said anything that wasn't good about Scream Factory, you got all defensive like it was a personal attack on you or your company, that was beginning to bore me.
If you scroll back a few pages on that thread you'll see that we were having a discussion about slasher film books, so for you to say I don't like you as a poster is completely wrong.
I think he wasn't too happy that the thread basically descended into joking, which I may have cause by saying Leonard Part 6 was the big 6 title

Old 16th December 2012, 10:40 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I can understand people asking on Facebook probably wouldn't know this, but its been said at least twice, that Arrow don't want to venture into public domain titles, as they don't want to pay money for a transfer and have another company use it on a bargain barebones disc.

And if they released the current avalible transfer, people would complain about the cropping, and if I remeber correctly, cuts (not for violence, but just missing footage)

Old 16th December 2012, 10:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
But it isn't exactly an easy stumble upon, I've never seen any links to it, and I can't remember seeing any posts from it (but then again, my newsfeed is absolutely filled with crap)

Like this? Share it using the links below!