Like Tree289Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2013, 04:02 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
And good luck to them in untangling it.

It's not a free for all. If the UK rights were easily available Arrow would have had them by now. They have noticed the endless requests for it!!

I urged them to get it back in the days of "Masters of the Giallo"!
Now that the film is coming to blu-ray in the States I'd rather have something else instead that's not seen a HD release yet
Old 19th January 2013, 04:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
Now that the film is coming to blu-ray in the States I'd rather have something else instead that's not seen a HD release yet
Then you will be thrilled by next week's announcements. I dare say the slasher outing that will be confirmed is right up there - if a different kind of slasher from The Burning - so fans of the genre should be pleased
Old 19th January 2013, 05:00 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Then you will be thrilled by next week's announcements. I dare say the slasher outing that will be confirmed is right up there - if a different kind of slasher from The Burning - so fans of the genre should be pleased
Sounds good to me

although The Atlantis Interceptors is still on the top of my wants list and I guess I'm probably not alone in that opinion.
re.form and Invid Ninja like this.
Old 20th January 2013, 11:08 AM
Cult Rookie

There's been mention of Alone in The Dark on here and FB. Now I realise how much I want this fun little slasher to receive the Arrow treatment! I doubt it'll happen tho. Maniac makes more business sense with the remake and whatnot...

Tho Arrow is probably known more for its Argento's and Fulchi's, some of my favourite releases have been the fun, more schlocky titles - Vamp, Frankenhooker, Maniac Cop. I'd love to see more of this 80's cheese from Arrow. And MORE Slashers!
Rik, trebor8273 and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 20th January 2013, 11:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinhead View Post
There's been mention of Alone in The Dark on here and FB. Now I realise how much I want this fun little slasher to receive the Arrow treatment! I doubt it'll happen tho. Maniac makes more business sense with the remake and whatnot...

Tho Arrow is probably known more for its Argento's and Fulchi's, some of my favourite releases have been the fun, more schlocky titles - Vamp, Frankenhooker, Maniac Cop. I'd love to see more of this 80's cheese from Arrow. And MORE Slashers!
That was probably me on Facebook

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 20th January 2013, 02:23 PM
Cult Rookie

Can't fault your taste, but I'ma be PISSED if Alone in The Dark doesn't get announced now.

I can't see it. I've squinted at the teaser pics and none of them could represent AiTD by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe its too low profile?

If I had my own cult film dvd/blu-ray label, (And I often have to remind myself I DON'T. Normally when Arrow does something to wind me up...) I'd buy up a TON of 80's slashers. Cult fans have been waiting forever for decent editions of the Friday the 13th films, right? So why not whet their appetite with some other stalk-and-slash films while they wait! I understand a scene in AiTD may well have inspired Jason's 'hocky mask' look?
Old 20th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Can't fault your taste, but I'ma be PISSED if Alone in The Dark doesn't get announced now.

I can't see it. I've squinted at the teaser pics and none of them could represent AiTD by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe its too low profile?

If I had my own cult film dvd/blu-ray label, (And I often have to remind myself I DON'T. Normally when Arrow does something to wind me up...) I'd buy up a TON of 80's slashers. Cult fans have been waiting forever for decent editions of the Friday the 13th films, right? So why not whet their appetite with some other stalk-and-slash films while they wait! I understand a scene in AiTD may well have inspired Jason's 'hocky mask' look?
I'd buy any 80s slasher Arrow put out.

80s slasher is like the magical blind buy words for me

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 20th January 2013, 02:39 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

If you want Jack Sholder's Alone in the Dark so badly, why not pick up the stunning Region 1 special edition from New Line/Image?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alone-Dark-D...8696339&sr=1-2
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 20th January 2013, 02:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I think the one on the far end of the second row could easily be for Alone In The Dark. I mean it's just trees and sky, I don't think any stretch of the imagination is needed. Judging from the comment made by Calum earlier (in reference to someone wanting something not readily available on Blu-ray in the US) I can't see many more likely candidates jumping out at me from his body of work, based on the little hints that we've had so far. But you never can tell with Arrow, sometimes they follow your expectations, and sometimes they blow them out of the water (certainly the AIP versions of the Bava releases).
Old 20th January 2013, 03:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen View Post
Long shot - but the 88 The Blob would be great!
Now you're talking.
trebor8273 and Chinhead like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!