Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th January 2013, 12:37 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Sooo. How do people think this will fair with the beeb?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It'll be cut by 45 minutes and Arrow will insert random stock footage to pad out the runtime. With the headline tag of: National Geographic presents the Boom Mike Handler's Wildlife Cut of Motel Hell.
Does that include 6 seconds of boat footage?
trebor8273 and Hawkmonger like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th January 2013, 12:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Sooo. How do people think this will fair with the beeb?
It'll probably be passed uncut with a 15 certificate these days, not as gory as you'd think
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 24th January 2013, 01:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It'll probably be passed uncut with a 15 certificate these days, not as gory as you'd think
Wild Gesso and the Tho....oh, sorry....wrong thread.

Old 24th January 2013, 01:52 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
You're probably right. I watched it a couple of weeks ago and would be amazed if it received an 18 certificate, let alone any mandatory cuts.
Old 24th January 2013, 02:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
As I suspected, it's very similar in gore levels to Christmas Evil from what I hear, and that features a brief up-close eye piercing. Not scene it yet and it look's great, so i'll see if it's online and probably order it if I enjoy it.
Old 24th January 2013, 06:48 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
As I suspected, it's very similar in gore levels to Christmas Evil from what I hear, and that features a brief up-close eye piercing. Not scene it yet and it look's great, so i'll see if it's online and probably order it if I enjoy it.
It's readily available on a certain video site that I won't name here, not sure what the quality is like though as I haven't watched it, but I suspect it'll be a rip from the MGM DVD, which looks fine for such a low budget film
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th January 2013, 12:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Cool film, but some might be disappointed if they're expecting a killer in a pig mask running around with a chainsaw for 90 mins.
Old 25th January 2013, 12:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

It was passed uncut back in 2002 so it's extremely unlikely they'll cut it today.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 4th February 2013, 07:57 PM
Cult Master

Motel Hell:

News: Latest Cuts: BBFC cuts and bans

Motel Hell is a 1980 USA comedy horror by Kevin Connor.
With Rory Calhoun, Paul Linke, Nancy Parsons. YouTube icon IMDb 5.9/10

UK: Passed 18 uncut for strong language and horror for:

UK 2013 Arrow (RB) Blu-ray at UK Amazon released on 13th May 2013

UK Censorship History

1980. Passed X (18) uncut for

UK 1980 cinema release

1986. Passed 18 after 2s of BBFC cuts to remove a close up shot of a chainsaw wound during the climax:

UK 1986 Warner VHS

2002. Passed 18 uncut for:

UK 2002 ILC Prime R0 DVD

Summary Review : Brutally observed spoof horror

Farmer Vincent kidnaps unsuspecting travellers and is burying them in his garden. Unfortunately for his victims, they are not dead. He feeds his victims to prepare them for his famously delicious roadside sausage stand.

What we have is a delicious little parody of the horror genre, outrageous in places, ironic in others.

Rory Calhoun plays the owner of a financially failing motel. Farmer Vincent, you see, is a highwayman Sweeney Todd, harvesting unwary travellers at night. Well, you have to wonder what gives his cooked meats such a unique flavour. The whole operation is based on his techniques for tenderising the meat and the produce of his secret garden.

It's a brutally observed spoof horror, well shot, highly entertaining, and very funny. There's satire, there's farce, there's irony, there's some visceral humour, and there's a chainsaw duel! What more could you ask for?

Promotional Material

It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent fritters! cackle the brother-and-sister team behind the finest smoked meats in the county. They also run the friendly Motel Hello (the o in the neon sign sometimes goes on the blink), and no matter how many times you ve seen Psycho or The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, you can be sure that everything will be perfectly above board here as Vincent s brother Bruce is the local sheriff.

Western veteran Rory Calhoun gives a lipsmackingly demented performance as Farmer Vincent, whose twinkling bonhomie conceals a deeply depraved secret.

Directed by Kevin Connor (maker of much-loved British genre classics The Land That Time Forgot and Warlords of Atlantis) and with legendary DJ Wolfman Jack as a fire-and-brimstone TV preacher, this is a gleefully twisted horror-comedy that climaxes with a showstopping chainsaw duel.

Features:

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film
Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Audio commentary with director Kevin Connor moderated by Calum Waddell
Another Head on the Chopping Block: Interview with star Paul Linke
From Glamour to Gore: Interview with co-star, and former Playboy Playmate, Rosanne Katon
Ida, Be Thy Name: A look back at Motel Hell s frightful female protagonist Ida Smith and the secrets of creating a convincing slasher siren, with Scream Queens Elissa Dowling and Chantelle Albers, genre commentator Staci Layne Wilson and critic Shelagh Rowan-Legg
Back to the Backwoods: Director Dave Parker ( The Hills Run Red ) speaks about the importance of Motel Hell
Original Trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow
Collector s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Newman, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th April 2013, 11:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Oh wow, I was literally just talking about how disappointed I was the Q2 titles wouldn't be as beautifully borderless as the newly announced Q3 releases and what do I see?

Arrow are on the ball.
Hawkmonger likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!