Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th April 2010, 11:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Finally got the DVD and have to say it is an awesome package! Great interview in the booklet from Calum and the transfer of the film is great and looks fantastic on the old PS3.

Working on completing my Arrow collection slowly but surely!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 11th April 2010, 12:15 AM
Seasoned Cultist

My copy should be coming in the mail early next week. Then I can finally sink my teeth into this great release.
Old 16th April 2010, 04:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I saw HBTC when it was 1st released and nvr seen it since , just watched again 1st time since, im sorry but it realy just didnt do anything at all for me, i thought it was extremely dull, boring, the child acter was extrmely awful, as for a controversial gore film EH! not realy that much gore in to be totaly honest ...oh yes and the ending was just utter pants,......sorry might upset a few fans of this film... but its not a film ill be in any rush to watch again for another few yrs or centuries .......im sorry but i realy do think lucio fulci is well over rated...GRANTED he has a few good films city of the living dead, the beyond new york ripper....and yes there a few films i still to see by him...but here a hand full of films i thought where awful rubbish etc etc ....Cat in the brain i found this film so bad i felt embarased watching it truly awful in many ways....sweet house of horrors...house by the cemetery... four of the apocolypse...lizard in a womens skin.....aenigma ....just a few of the film i thought where well over rated or just plain utter rubbish and did absolutley jack for me.....but i will still carry on seeking the ones i havent watched by him yet im sure there a few good ones i havent seen yet
Old 16th April 2010, 05:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

I lent a friend a copy of the uncut Dawn of the Dead years ago, he watched it and thought it was absolute rubbish which he turned off halfway through.Just goes to prove you can't please all of the people all of the time.I definitely think House by the Cemetery is one of Fulci's lesser films but it still has some great moments.
Old 16th April 2010, 06:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Even tho im not a fan off a lot off his stuff ill give credit where due the music etc in some of them is spot on and atmospheric and fits the bill.. not like some films the music just doesnt suit the moment
Old 16th April 2010, 10:40 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I definitely think House by the Cemetery is one of Fulci's lesser films but it still has some great moments.
Same here. Some good scenes but far from Fulci's best. For me he peaked with The Beyond.
Old 16th April 2010, 11:02 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

COTLD/THE BEYOND almost neck and neck.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th April 2010, 11:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
COTLD/THE BEYOND almost neck and neck.....
Yep, changes from day to day between those two for best of his supernatural stuff.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:42 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Narrowly City Of The Living Dead for me.
Old 17th April 2010, 01:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I should finally be getting this in the mail next week. Can't wait to finally get through this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!