Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2009, 12:00 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Crikey - I hope he's not half-naked with only a Blu-ray to clothe himself in - I suppose the poster would provide some warmth...
Old 19th October 2009, 12:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I would not be suprised to see him walking down the street half naked!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 19th October 2009, 01:13 PM
Cult Rookie

Nipped into HMV this morning and picked this up. Bit dear at £19.99, but I do like to support ye olde bricks and mortar when I can.

Gotta say, the whole package on this release is beautiful. Never mind what's on the discs, the artwork, poster, booklet and packaging oozes with the kind of TLC that makes you proud to be a genre fan. The guys at Arrow deserve a huge pat on the back for this one.

Out of interest, which sleeve are people choosing? I've gone with the gas mask. Try as I might, I just don't get on with Rick Melton's paintings (although I do appreciate the effort) and the gas mask cover gets a 10/10 for creepiness.

All in all, a cracking job all round. I'm already tingling with excitement to see what you do with "Day"...
Old 19th October 2009, 01:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
Have you considered a high-definition release of the original Night of the Living Dead? It always seems to get screwed over in the UK with mediocre releases. There's already a Blu-ray available by Optimum Releasing, but there's only one extra on it, and another by Network is arriving sometime this month (reportedly remastered from the original negatives, but the Youtube extract has received criticism - also, the only extra is a trailer.) I'm afraid to buy either of these releases because I know there'll be a better release ahead. If Arrow were to award that film with the same treatment as Dawn, I think it would go down well.
I entirely agree.

If a Blu-Ray release with all of Elite's earlier DVD extras comes our way then i'm definitely up for a copy.
But right now there's no way i'm buying Optimum or Network's editions. We all know a superior stateside equivalent is bound to show up sooner or later and patience reaps it's own rewards as the old saying goes!
Old 19th October 2009, 01:41 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well couldn't wait to get it sent so I cancelled my online order and popped into Hmv this morning as well.Still can't grumble about £19.99 though.Mine cost me nearly 325 when I added in the train fare lol,but was definately worth it.And finally a few pics I took.Last pic is the one i'll be using......the gasmask OH YES ......although I think I will rotate them.The new art is lovely too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00512.JPG (45.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00515.JPG (51.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00514.JPG (44.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00516.JPG (58.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00518.JPG (48.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00519.JPG (46.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00520.JPG (48.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 19th October 2009, 01:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Mac View Post
A couple of weeks ago, I E-Mailed Arrow to ask whther there are plans to update the current DVD edition of Dawn to include all 3 version plus all these cool features. I got a reply saying there were no plans as yet, but I then got another reply saying they were looking into it.

Are we any further forward, or will we have to wait to see if the Blu-ray is successful?
I would imagine if the Dawn Blu-Ray sells successfully then the possibility of a DVD variant would probably be more viable.
I'm a bit of a completist where Romero's mall-based bloodbath is concerned so i'd invest in a potential DVD copy despite recently buying the Blu-Ray version!
Old 19th October 2009, 01:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Well couldn't wait to get it sent so I cancelled my online order and popped into Hmv this morning as well.Still can't grumble about £19.99 though.Mine cost me nearly 325 when I added in the train fare lol,but was definately worth it.And finally a few pics I took.Last pic is the one i'll be using......the gasmask OH YES ......although I think i will rotate them.The new art is lovely too
A stunning looking package there. No question about it!

Every serious Dawn fan should own one of these releases and before anybody asks i'm not on Arrow's Payroll!
Old 19th October 2009, 01:50 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Roll on the Day Blu-Ray is all i can say!
Old 19th October 2009, 01:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I thought the RRP was £17.99, the price at HMV.co.uk - how come it's £2 more in store?
Old 19th October 2009, 01:56 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Stunning it is and certainly worth the wait.Well done to Arrow and everyone involved for making this happen

Like this? Share it using the links below!