Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2010, 02:48 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

One of the key problems is it is just so expensive authoring Blu-rays - if those costs would come down it would help. And as for materials each film is unique but you generally assume you'll get horrible materials with old Italian films.
Old 29th January 2010, 02:53 PM
Active Cultist

Well, distributors like Arrow, Optimum, Eureka and Palisades Tartan are all doing a great job considering the cost and other difficulties. A global recession could never be an ideal time to plug a new format. Actually, it seems to be progressing well (slowly but surely), from what I gather.
Old 29th January 2010, 02:59 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

If the Arrow/BU transfer of COTLD is anything like the NYR tranfer,I think we're in for a treat.Has the Blu-ray mastering been done yet and have you been able to get a sneak peak Almar?
Old 29th January 2010, 03:31 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

No the authoring isn't finished - I've not seen anything as yet.
Old 29th January 2010, 03:34 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm sure it will look great.
Old 29th January 2010, 04:13 PM
Active Cultist

I'm hoping it is a complete grain-fest! I love a bit of grain.
Old 29th January 2010, 06:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I aint got the Beyond Terror release yet , I got the AB grindhouse , Another World and VIPCO release's of The Beyond , so I dont know what the BT disc is like. I wasn't recomending it .

I was only pointing out that an uncut version of The Beyond was already available in the UK, and as it had just recently been released i wouldn't think ARROW would be looking to put out another version of this film so soon.
This is true but the quality on the UK VIPCO disc is very poor and it is, of course, totally bare bones (much like the UK Zombie Flesh Eaters). I imagine the Beyond Terror one is much the same (they are just using the old VIPCO masters aren't they?)

It is nice that we are finally seeing Fulci being done "properly" in the UK and with a proper amount of love and care. City of the Living Dead is shaping up to be my fave release of 2010 (I admit I am biased but it's still Fulci on Blu Ray!)
Old 29th January 2010, 09:55 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I imagine the Beyond Terror one is much the same (they are just using the old VIPCO masters aren't they?)
Yes it's the same print.
Old 29th January 2010, 10:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
One of the key problems is it is just so expensive authoring Blu-rays - if those costs would come down it would help. And as for materials each film is unique but you generally assume you'll get horrible materials with old Italian films.
Does that 16K cover the actual disc production as well Almar?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 30th January 2010, 12:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
totally bare bones (much like the UK Zombie Flesh Eaters). It is nice that we are finally seeing Fulci being done "properly" in the UK and with a proper amount of love and care.
I couldn't agree more and the only decent ZFE DVD we have on British shores is ABUK's Box Of The Banned variant with a small but better-than-nothing selection of extras.

Can't wait for both the Arrow and BU City releases and it's undeniable i'm having copies of each edition. Both on DVD and BR.

It looks like it may well be time to send my old grain infested ABUS version packing!

Like this? Share it using the links below!