LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th February 2010, 12:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I'll take early retirement from doing bonus features if you lot don't approve! Can't say fairer than that
The discc isn't even out yet and I know you'll be doing bonus features for a very long time to come
Old 20th February 2010, 12:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
I'm just amazed at the anticipation this release now seems to be attracting!
It's a definite safe bet to say there's many a U.K. based Fulci devotee awaiting Arrow's COTLD BR with more than baited breath.
But i'm much more interested in the overseas anticipation from Italian horror supporters the world over.

It feels kinda funny imo when fans from abroad are salivating over British releases when we all know it's usually the other way around!
Old 20th February 2010, 04:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Cool isn't it?

Since the demise of ABUK,with maybe the exception of Nucleus,when was the last time genre titles got this sort of five star treatment?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th February 2010, 06:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm looking forward to seeing the cobweb covered zombies in the crypt scenes towards the end of the film, as I've never been able to see them really clearly as they're slowly surrounding Catriona MacColl & Carlo De Mejo.In fact, I'm looking forward to seeing the underground crypt scenes in general as I'm sure there's a lot of detail in the sets that haven't been able to be seen clearly on previous versions of the film.
Old 20th February 2010, 06:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
I am going to be hung like Father Thomas if you guys don't like these extra features!
Don't worry Calum - if people don't like the extras you can always stare at them until their eyes bleed and vomit up their entrails.

Seriously though, I have great faith in this release - including the extras. Roll on May!
Old 20th February 2010, 08:57 PM
Ex-member

Almar

Will COTLD ever be released on dvd?
Old 20th February 2010, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

He answered that question ages ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Yes - just don't have the date set as yet so keep tuning in for that!
Old 21st February 2010, 12:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

pre-order done

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 21st February 2010, 09:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Since the demise of ABUK,with maybe the exception of Nucleus,when was the last time genre titles got this sort of five star treatment?
Exactly and it's much appreciated that Shameless and Arrow are trying hard to address the issue and deliver U.K. editions comparable
(or superior) to their overseas equivalents.

COTLD is definitely a big step in the right direction for British DVD releases of obscure and cult horror output.

I'd like to see more indie labels follow the trend that Shameless and Arrow have set.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:17 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Ok folks after reading up reactions here it looks like Arrow will release a separate Blu-ray and DVD of City of the Living Dead on the same date all being well. Need to confirm this but that's the current plan.

Like this? Share it using the links below!