Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st October 2010, 04:46 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Why would you complain about delays? I'm assuming it means we as the customers are going to get the best possible product because of it. I'd rather wait for something great than spend my money on something average.

I think its a little selfish if you're going to complain about having to wait a little longer. I'm just glad Arrow are taking their time to release some brilliant packages.
Old 21st October 2010, 06:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I'm not complaining as much as wondering why this is happening consistently lately. Perhaps Arrow can try aiming for later release dates then move them up instead? Just seems like this keeps happening and I'm concerned about how/why. I want these to be good releases, but when delays keep happening I start to wonder what exactly is going on at Arrow. I think it's a legitimate concern, too.
Old 21st October 2010, 06:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I think its a little selfish if you're going to complain about having to wait a little longer.

Wait a LITTLE longer?
It was first supposed to be released this summer, then in october, then in november, and now maybe not until January?

Sure I want the best possible release. But isn´t it better that they wait with giving us a release date until they are SURE that they can deliver on that date.

It would be better if they said "Coming Winter 2010/2011" if the disc isn´t ready/perfected yet, instead of pushing the release date over and over again.

I´m going to take all the future release dates with a HUGE grain of salt and add 5-6 months to it

I´m sorry for ranting. I LOVE Arrows releases, but it´s hard to trust ANY releasedate they give us.

Last edited by Steel76; 21st October 2010 at 08:28 AM.
Old 21st October 2010, 10:46 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
I'm not complaining as much as wondering why this is happening consistently lately. Perhaps Arrow can try aiming for later release dates then move them up instead? Just seems like this keeps happening and I'm concerned about how/why. I want these to be good releases, but when delays keep happening I start to wonder what exactly is going on at Arrow. I think it's a legitimate concern, too.
I thought a lot of the delays had to do with finalizing special features, making menus etc. Guess Almar would be the only one who could tell us for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Wait a LITTLE longer?
It was first supposed to be released this summer, then in october, then in november, and now maybe not until January?

Sure I want the best possible release. But isn´t it better that they wait with giving us a release date until they are SURE that they can deliver on that date.

It would be better if they said "Coming Winter 2010/2011" if the disc isn´t ready/perfected yet, instead of pushing the release date over and over again.

I´m going to take all the future release dates with a HUGE grain of salt and add 5-6 months to it

I´m sorry for ranting. I LOVE Arrows releases, but it´s hard to trust ANY releasedate they give us.
It's not like Demons isn't available anywhere else. If it's such an annoyance to wait you could always import the American disc. I'd say fair enough for the complains if this was the first ever release of a movie not available anywhere else, but it isn't. This is another reason I don't understand the complaining.
Old 21st October 2010, 02:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yes, I know, it´s just that Demons is just ONE of the examples of movies that keep being pushed forward.

It´s the pushing forward of these titles over and over again that are starting to become a trend for Arrow.

When a company annonces that a title is coming and they have a release date they usually KEEP that release date, perhaps pushing back or forth two weeks at some RARE occation.

Blue-Underground, Anchor Bay, Severin, Dark Sky, Shout! Factory etc. somehow manages to keep their release dates, why can´t Arrow?

Take Severin with their coming "Horror Express" DVD/BD.
They give us the news that they are working on it and that it MIGHT come out late 2010 or early 2011. Then FINE we now that it´s coming, but not for maybe 6 month or so. When everything is almost done and they KNOW that they can make it to a deadline with a finished master and extras. THEN they go out with a release date that they KNOW they can stick to.

And why are all the retailers on the net getting all these random release dates for Arrow titles that they havn´t even begun work on??

Let´s just say someone promises to fix your car. They say it will be ready for about 2 days, 2 days later they tell you to wait yet another two days, then a week and so on. Wouldn´t that become a bit annoying after a while, not being able to trust anything they say?

I´m not trying to be an asshole or anything. But if they keep delaying their titles month after month it would be nice to know WHY they don´t give us a date when they are SURE they can deliver on that day, instead of just giving us these random dates that it MAY be ready on.

And what´s wrong with asking this? It´s better that we take this up with Arrow, or else we will be kept in the dark and NEVER know when it´s REALLY coming out.

The guys at Arrow are grown men, and can probably take some critisism from time to time, so they might learn from some of their mistakes. If we would just shut up och praise EVERY step they take, then NOTHING would improve.
And keeping their release dates would be ONE thing that they need to working harder at.

If just 1 or 2 titles out of 10-15 was delayed over and over again, I wouldn´t have cared that much, but when it´s almost the other way around, then it´s a bit annoying. Don´t you agree?

Well that´s enough of my second extended rant

I love you Arrow, but PLEASE, don´t give us any release dates until you are pretty damn SURE you can keep it. Oki?

Anybody remember Duke Nuke Em Forever and all those promised release dates for it the last 15 years?
Old 21st October 2010, 02:20 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Arrow could release Demons but they've been happy with any of the materials to date and are holding out for something better. It makes sense cashflow wise for a company to release as soon as possible but they want to do it right and until you sign a film you rarely know what materials you'll get - insane but there you go.

The one downside to opening up this process on a forum is every release seems to take an age to put out but that's because you're seeing every step of the way which normally is kept from public view.

As I say - easier to release and get your money in so it takes an unusually committed company to hold back, delay - several times - to get it right.
Old 21st October 2010, 02:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I understand, Almar, and I´m REALLY happy that they are looking for the best possible materials and extras for the releases.

The problem is that they give us release dates BEFORE they have found those materials. It would be better it they just told us that Demons is coming within the next 6-12 month and wait with a release date until they have found everything they need and have started working on the disc.
Then they wouldn´t need to push dates forward over and over again.

Oh well, it´s not really the end of the world or anything

Maybe the delay will result in a ...Blu-Ray?
Old 21st October 2010, 02:42 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
I understand, Almar, and I´m REALLY happy that they are looking for the best possible materials and extras for the releases.

The problem is that they give us release dates BEFORE they have found those materials. It would be better it they just told us that Demons is coming within the next 6-12 month and wait with a release date until they have found everything they need and have started working on the disc.
Then they wouldn´t need to push dates forward over and over again.

Oh well, it´s not really the end of the world or anything

Maybe the delay will result in a ...Blu-Ray?
Sure the date changes are annoying but the hope was that the materials would be better, then others come up so the date gets changed - then they arrive and they're no good - it's not ideal but their hearts are in the right place and whatever we end up with should be the best possible result - amen to that!
Old 21st October 2010, 03:09 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Okey, I understand. Must be frustrating going through all those materials not finding anything they can use so far.
I hope they´ll finally strike gold soon and find materials that will blow us away
Old 21st October 2010, 03:31 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Okey, I understand. Must be frustrating going through all those materials not finding anything they can use so far.
I hope they´ll finally strike gold soon and find materials that will blow us away
Safe to say it's driving them nuts!

Like this? Share it using the links below!