LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th September 2010, 10:19 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Any more panels ready yet Almar?

The original poster was a classic.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:35 AM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
So I may assume you prefer the shorter version for nostalgia sake... that´s a valid argument.

I´m from Portugal and when I saw the Anchor Bay version I didn´t notice anything different from the vhs version I had... guess I only saw the American version. I also had a vhs from a trip I made to Italy but it was the italian dub so I cannot compare them both.
No you had seen the international print then, the American version and the international print have some very different audio differences.

For example, the punks have completely different voice actors dubbing their lines in the international version, same as the older couple Frank and Ruth, everyone else from what I recall has the same dubbing.

As I said, the music also is cued differently, for example, when Rosemary is being pushed into the room by George and Ken, Pretty Maid's "Night Danger" fades out in the international print. In the American version, the song fades when the woman in blue goes into the room and stays silent, with some ambient music playing in between, until Rosemary turns to see George and Ken behind her. When she slams herself into the door, the music kicks right back on to the verse, "You can't stop the pressure..." and continues until the close the door on her fingers.

In my opinion, it makes the scene far more tense and chaotic. The latter just seems...calm.

Another instance of the music being cued differently is when the group breaks down the door in the projection booth, in the international print, the song plays over the whole scene - before the door comes down - in the American print, it kicks in once the door is kicked down.

There are a few more differences between the two, but the American print has always sounded more natural to me - it flows better, the international has always felt...unfinished. To me at least.

By the way, here's a scan of the original US VHS artwork;

Old 8th September 2010, 05:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
No you had seen the international print then, the American version and the international print have some very different audio differences.
When I said American version I was refering to the Anchor Bay version.

Save our souls... best music to the whole movie and the perfect start to the movie within the movie...
Old 8th September 2010, 07:26 AM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

Ahh okay. Well Anchor Bay used the international version for their master as I assume it's what the company who the film sent to them.

I did hear a rumor they didn't include the US audio mix because it was only mixed in mono and they couldn't get a good dolby track from it. Then again, I've seen a few films mixed in mono that AB was able to get plenty of 2.0 AND 5.1 tracks from, so I can't confirm if that's true.
Old 11th September 2010, 11:48 AM
Seasoned Cultist

DEMONS: The red head woman in the green dress, collecting tickets inside the cinema, seemed to be in on it all...
Then later on, the Demons kill her?
A bit of a head scratcher. Can anyone shed any light on this? I've always wondered about this issue.
Old 11th September 2010, 12:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
DEMONS: The red head woman in the green dress, collecting tickets inside the cinema, seemed to be in on it all...
Then later on, the Demons kill her?
A bit of a head scratcher. Can anyone shed any light on this? I've always wondered about this issue.
My explanations for that was always...

As a Prophecy waiting to be happening, you can easily see that she knew all the things the Prophecy foretold. Maybe she was the one who make it all happen, I mean, she is the one who "works" there.

When she turns in to a Demon, maybe she embraced the dark side.
Old 11th September 2010, 01:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Love the title lettering on that earlier posted U.S. VHS cover.

Simple but effective imo and reminiscent of Vamp's variety of font.

Not surprising really, considering the New World connection between both films.
Old 11th September 2010, 08:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
My explanations for that was always...

As a Prophecy waiting to be happening, you can easily see that she knew all the things the Prophecy foretold. Maybe she was the one who make it all happen, I mean, she is the one who "works" there.

When she turns in to a Demon, maybe she embraced the dark side.
I'm glad somebody responded to this, but I must say, that I'm none the wiser now. Guess this adds a little mystique to the movie, in which I'm very fond of by the way. Cheers.
Old 11th September 2010, 11:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney32 View Post
I'm glad somebody responded to this, but I must say, that I'm none the wiser now. Guess this adds a little mystique to the movie, in which I'm very fond of by the way. Cheers.
Also, if the prophecy told the world would be dominated by demons and she is the one responsable for the place where prophecy will happen, it´s natural for her to become a demon also.

Man, remembering that scenes... and she is hot too!
Old 12th September 2010, 12:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Also, if the prophecy told the world would be dominated by demons and she is the one responsable for the place where prophecy will happen, it´s natural for her to become a demon also.

Man, remembering that scenes... and she is hot too!
Hot? I'm with you on that for sure. She was certainly memorable.
You mention a prophesy, but what prophesy?
Are you referring to the prophesy told via the voice-over on that crap movie, the characters were watching in the film???

WHATEVER YOU DO IN LIFE, DO NOT ATEMPT TO WEAR ANY SORT OF CRAPPY SLIVER MASK. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...

I'm starting to believe that every public place should have a Samurai sword, and a motorbike on stand-by, in case something like DEMONS were to happen. A lot of people would rest easy if these simple measures were put in place......LOL

Like this? Share it using the links below!