All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2010, 12:06 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Would it be possible to get someone to explain what it means when the source material is not good enough for a blu-ray? As far as I understood even if the source print is dodgy you would still get a better image on blu-ray as it is a less compressed format.

A better explination may make people understand why it's not worth putting on blu-ray (with the current source materials anyway) and convince people to go for the dvd. Any info on this would be much appriciated.
Best thing for this is to wait and see what material gets found - the existing stuff wasn't up to scratch so no point even debating that - once there's something concrete we can see what the deal is.
Old 31st August 2010, 12:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

It would be nice to know if they are mastering from the original negatives or a 35mm source, which is what companies are doing when they make a new transfer, and if they ARE, then there is no reason at all not to release a BD, even if those elements are not top quality.

If the source is from some low res elements, then it´s understandable they only go for a DVD release.
Oh well, as Almar says, let´s wait and see
Old 31st August 2010, 03:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
And there are more of us who wanted a Blu-Ray of Demons:
Arrow UK to release Demons 1 and 2! - Horror Digital Forum

Been wondering if this whole "not good enough for a BD release" is actually more of a "can´t afford to put out on BD at the moment".

A transfer gotta be pretty shitty if it´s not good enough for a BD since it was beautyfully shot on Kodak 35mm.

Somethings fishy about this...
What's so fishy about it? I'm sure if they couldn't afford a BD then they would have said so. Almar says they are looking and I'm happy to wait and see what happens. No-one is forcing you to buy the dvd.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 31st August 2010, 03:58 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
What's so fishy about it? I'm sure if they couldn't afford a BD then they would have said so. Almar says they are looking and I'm happy to wait and see what happens. No-one is forcing you to buy the dvd.
There's just nothing fishy full stop - the masters available didn't pass muster so Arrow are on the hunt for something better.
Old 31st August 2010, 05:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Well, I for one don't have any of the films on dvd, so I'm happy at getting them any way I can.
Old 31st August 2010, 06:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I think it all boils down to reputation. I have yet to see or hear of anyone seeing a poor print put out by Arrow. Which of course is terrific! Why should Arrow ruin their reputation by putting something out that as Almar states Is not up to Arrow's high standard? Kudos to the guys ... I think it is genius move if Arrow don't put the BD out. After all, how many times have we been ripped off by distributors putting out rubbish?

If the source isn't good enough, then don't release it .. at least you are being honest.

Old 31st August 2010, 10:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
There's just nothing fishy full stop - the masters available didn't pass muster so Arrow are on the hunt for something better.
What??? 27 days to go and Arrow are still looking for material...
Old 31st August 2010, 10:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Arrow have never announced a BD release. I'm assuming what's being said is that they're looking for materials for a release sometime in the future...
Old 1st September 2010, 09:25 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
That date is old - there is no official date in place yet - soon hopefully!
Old 1st September 2010, 09:57 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

[QUOTE=Almar@Cult Labs;97364]Arrow are doing a new transfer but as I understand it the materials aren't going to be suitable for BD.[/QUO

Im not bothered to be honest if its a dvd only release as with the quality ARROW put out hey'll look as good as BD when compared to my PoundLand Demons 1 & 2 disc's i'd bet.
At last i'll be able to see the film clearly now as the PoundLand efforts look like they were transfered from an old worn out Rental VHS.

Looking forward to this release.

Like this? Share it using the links below!