Old 24th December 2010, 03:11 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I don't see it Stephen. Maybe I have been staring at my screen for too long
Ahh, it is actually page 30. For some reason the thread is less pages in the tapatalk app but the picture doesn't seem to be on the post now (unless I'm missing it), so........

News: Arrow Video Announces THE BEYOND Blu And More!
Old 24th December 2010, 03:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Thanks Stephen This is looking very nice.
Old 24th December 2010, 06:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I feel the other way, The Beyond was a disappointment for me after viewing City of the Living Dead.As Reaper says the opening & closing scenes of The Beyond were brilliantly done but the rest kind of leaves me cold.If I want atmosphere & gore by the bucketful I always return to Fulci's COTLD & ZFE.
Me too...

I consider "City of the Living Dead" and "House by the Cemetery" superior films than "The Beyond".

Don´t get me wrong, "The Beyond" is still very good in it´s own merit but I just think it´s not a cohesive move, looks more like a collection or great scenes in between some not so great ones.
Old 25th December 2010, 07:59 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_burlock View Post
@Almar: Was the release date for The Beyond changed from Jan.17th to Feb.14th because of weather and or snow related shipping delays? Just curious.
Is there something offensive about wanting to know this?
Old 25th December 2010, 09:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

That art is gorgeous! As much as I love City Of The Living Dead my affinity for The Beyond runs just a bit deeper. The film moves in a more cohesive fashion and relies heavily on the wondrous Fabio Frizzi score.
Old 25th December 2010, 09:20 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_burlock View Post
Is there something offensive about wanting to know this?
No there isn't. Almar is a busy man and I'm sure if he sees your post, then he'll reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25th December 2010, 09:24 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
No there isn't. Almar is a busy man and I'm sure if he sees your post, then he'll reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well indeed - replies aren't always instant for a variety if reasons - Christmas being the excuse this time. No reason for any delays - more the fact the time was needed to get the release together. Often retail want dates so the first ones tend to be speculative.
Old 27th December 2010, 07:57 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
See you have the art as your avatar Reaps. Where is this posted, is this the official cover?
Yeah,one of the panels,I believe Merc.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th December 2010, 08:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman View Post
That art is gorgeous! As much as I love City Of The Living Dead my affinity for The Beyond runs just a bit deeper. The film moves in a more cohesive fashion and relies heavily on the wondrous Fabio Frizzi score.
Totally agree. I don't think COTLD is as effective in terms of atmosphere or music score. The Beyond, I think, is Fulci's masterpiece. The setting in the deep south is terrific and the story seems to flow better than COTLD. Being arachnophobic I hate that spider scene lol.

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 28th December 2010, 11:48 AM
Active Cultist

I dunno, The Beyond seems to be the one that garners the most worship, but I have to say, every time I watch it, i always stick on COTLD straight after it (and vice versa), they have the same atmosphere of utter despair and hopelessness, and I think the fact that the story of COTLD doesn't "flow" all that well suits is perfectly, gives it the very Lovecraftian feel of no-one being in control or able to fathom the forces they're dealing with!

Can't wait for this release, I missed out on that tin box that came out many moons ago, so - EXCELLENT!

^Click for Primitive Doom Metal
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!