Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th August 2010, 06:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
Am I missing something ere? Aren't the shots comparisons of the 2 DVDs and NOT the Blu-ray????

If it is the Blu-ray, I am sorry but the difference isn't that great.

However if they are the 2 DVD comparisons, then yes the Arrow one is the sharper ... I am sure the post has been edited as the images do look different to when I first posted.

Bah now I am confused!

Yes they are of the DVD - I should have written HD instead of BD: DUH! The DVD is taken from the same HD master that the BD is.
Old 28th August 2010, 06:06 PM
Cultist in Training

Well I certainly hope the ARROW BD will look better than the ARROW SD.
The difference between the old AB and the new ARROW SD aren't enough imo to warrent double dipping (who am I kidding?..quadruple dipping)

I've got the ARROW BD ordered.
Old 28th August 2010, 06:13 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
It is also my understanding that the comparisons are for the DVD only.
My understanding is...

the two screen-caps are comparing the old AB/BU DVD to the new ARROW BD which is why the ARROW is sharper (just look at the elevator button)

But ECC link to DvdBeaver only compared the AB/BU DVD to the new ARROW DVD and not the new ARROW BD (BluRay)
Old 28th August 2010, 06:21 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah, the first 2 screencaps are comparing the BU dvd to the Arrow BD and the dvdbeaver comparison is between the BU and Arrow dvds.
Old 28th August 2010, 07:59 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
yes on the beaver review there is a HUGE difference! But those shots posted earlier by Springjack look the same on my monitor
Quote:
I saved the two shots onto my pc and when I open them they still look the exactly the same. (and they were both called Inferno (dvd) when I saved them). It's weird cos I seem to be the only one having this issue. But on dvdbeaver I can see clearly that there is a difference between the Arrow and the BU. So that's kinda strange cos my pc and my monitor are not even a year old.
Don´t worry because nobody´s going blind... for some strange reason, everytime I put the corrected images (mine from the dvd and the one one from the site of the review of 10,000 bullets) the one from the blu-ray disappears after some time... odd.

Just fixed it in another way... hope it works this time.

The difference between both formats it´s huge.
Like Callum, I´m not the one who believes that for every movie there´s a huge jump in quality but this is really the case.
Old 28th August 2010, 08:27 PM
Cultist

thanks for clearing it up . Saves me the costs of changing my monitor . And indeed it looks a whole lot better than the dvd
Old 28th August 2010, 10:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched the BD this evening and it looks amazing -- a vast improvement over the DVD which I always thought was quite impressive. The DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 track is excellent but I'll have to give the English stereo and Italian option a whirl before starting on the extra features. It does look like one hell of a package and, if the interview with Dario Argento is anything to go by, Callan, Naomi and Nick have done sterling work.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:06 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Take it that was a review disc Nos?

How does that soundtrack sound?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:26 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
Take it that was a review disc Nos?
Yep. And had it a few days and just couldn't resist the urge to watch it any more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
How does that soundtrack sound?
Absolutely fantastic. I was a little bit wary of a film designed to be shown on stereo giving a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 track but those boys in DTS have really done their jobs to create something that is beautifully balanced and doesn't sound at all out of place. The Verdi sounds wonderful as does the underrated score by Keith Emerson which really kicks into overdrive when Marcus exploring "under the soles of his feet".
Old 29th August 2010, 11:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

i can't wait to hear how the Verdi Nabucco track sounds in the appartment scene. That is one of the best scenes in any of Argies films!!

Oooh salivating now!

2 weeks to go!

Like this? Share it using the links below!