Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2010, 08:34 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
... keeps the spammers at bay.
The importance of that certainly isn't lost on me. Even with software that filters most of them out I still have to deal with them on too regular a basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I'm getting an error message...maybe this link?
Looks like the link was abbreviated when I PM'd it, but the one you posted is quite correct.

To be back on topic, it's no wonder the presales for this disc are so high. The fact that it's all region has already generated plenty of interest, and with Amazon UK and HMV both offering it at half off (even less for those of us international buyers who don't have to pay the VAT) it's pretty hard to resist. I pre-ordered my copy yesterday - the end of November can't come soon enough.
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Hm, not really happy with that. As a collector I like low quantities and if the BR LE would have stayed at 5.000 and maybe another edition (like the wooden box for Once Upon a Time in the West) that just has a B in front of the number limited to 5.000 as well everyone who preordered first would have gotten something more special.

Still, I'm reall looking forward to the release as I really love the film and I deffo want to see this in HD - but simply increasing the quantuty is something I don't like...
Old 23rd October 2010, 02:33 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
Hm, not really happy with that. As a collector I like low quantities and if the BR LE would have stayed at 5.000 and maybe another edition (like the wooden box for Once Upon a Time in the West) that just has a B in front of the number limited to 5.000 as well everyone who preordered first would have gotten something more special.

Still, I'm reall looking forward to the release as I really love the film and I deffo want to see this in HD - but simply increasing the quantuty is something I don't like...
It did cause a lot of teeth-gnashing at Arrow because they'd like to keep things simple, upfront and have happy fans but what seemed to be clear as soon as it had been announced, multiple copy orders started to stream in and people were asking if they'd be able to buy on release day was that the amount was far too small so weighing it all up it was felt this would cause the least disappointment and most happiness but it wasn't easy to work out.
Old 23rd October 2010, 04:17 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post

To be perfectly honest I'd prefer 5000 extra fans to get it and for Arrow to make more money from the obvious interest, as opposed to the 5000 attracting people snapping them up to sell on ebay later at inflated prices.
Old 23rd October 2010, 06:48 PM
Cultist

I think that increasing the run was definitely the right decision.

Twitch - We Know Stuff
Old 23rd October 2010, 09:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSimonH View Post
To be perfectly honest I'd prefer 5000 extra fans to get it and for Arrow to make more money from the obvious interest, as opposed to the 5000 attracting people snapping them up to sell on eBay later at inflated prices.
Yeah I also agree with you. On a Utilitarianism perspective, it's all good for the largest number of people. Every one who wanted one will definitely have one instead of maybe having to buy it 2 or 3 times the price on eBay because someone ordered 10 of it . On the collector side, you're getting a numbered edition which I find more interesting than having a 'said' limited edition. Every copy is unique like a numbered painting

Plus it benefits the blu-ray format
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I hope its a tin packaging
or a digi-book

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:58 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
or a digi-book
Oooh, a digibook......that'd be nice.
Old 24th October 2010, 04:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
or a digi-book
I want a TIN with a DIGIBOOK inside!
Old 24th October 2010, 04:41 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I want a wooden box, in a glass case, housed inside a tin book...

Like this? Share it using the links below!