All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2011, 11:51 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Have corrected discs also been sent out to retailers now, Almar?
Not as yet I would imagine - the first priority would have been to get spindle stock to sort out you good folks - I'll let you know when we hear about the finished stock but I guess there will always be the problem that old stock will remain in the system.
Old 19th April 2011, 05:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Thanks for more info, Almar and Fran.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs
We were officially told by the licensor that the negative is in black and white but I am not sure I believe that given that the DoP has said that it was shot in colour and then graded to look like an old photo so what we had to do was try our very best to replicate Sergio Salvati’s intentions."
Ya know, the fact that these Italian bozos don't even know what they have and how to honestly inform people that pay for the rights to release shows they don't even deserve to own it. Damn!

Of course it was shot in color! BEYOND fans have known that for - what? - a decade, at least? Dang!
Old 19th April 2011, 10:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The film now takes up 23.6gb of the disc,here's some caps...

Old 19th April 2011, 11:40 PM
Cult Rookie

Ha, how odd - in the returns thread, I've just posted a pic from a 'live' screening (ie from the screen, not a cap) and the one I chose was virtually identical to your first cap. I have to say, the caps look a lot worse than it looked when I watched it.
Old 20th April 2011, 12:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

hmm its a bit too bright for me liking.
i would need to watch it with my TV brightness turned down as some colours in non dark scenes look pinkish instead of red.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th April 2011, 06:04 PM
Cult Rookie

It is a little bright, but I dont think those caps tell the whole story. I've posted some more below - my bigger concern is the amount of digital cleaning thats on offer. It's par for the course with Arrow but, hopefully, posting these pics here, especially the last one, might persuade them to be less heavy handed with the cleaning machine. There's absolutely no need for it. I do appreciate not everyone is using a 120" screen, so its not as obvious, but spare a thought etc...

These, i stress, are not caps. This is what the image looks like. The EE in the last picture is what I'm actually seeing when I spin my £20 disc. Its a bit brighter on my pics because of the flash which I did not completely manage to cover with my thumb.

It's quite a frustrating print, in many ways - some of it looks great, but its not altogether consistant. I very much liked the first shot, my favourite in the movie.

Detail -

Old 20th April 2011, 06:51 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

You're right -- not everyone has a 120" screen! Also, if they're not your screencaps, whose are they?
Old 20th April 2011, 06:57 PM
Cult Rookie

Sorry, my bad, they're my pix, but they are not 'captures' from the actual disc, they are photographs taken from a mobile while the film was on. I'm not technical at all, and thought 'caps' only refers to images capture from the disc via computer somehow.

My experience has been 'caps' generally don't look like the image you watch. That was why I posted as a contrast to the 'caps' above.
Old 20th April 2011, 07:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I agree I do not like DNR at all.
It should never be used that much.
Predator UE was a prime example of how bad DNR can look.

Hope arrow stop with the DNR.

I have not been saying anything negative about Arrows titles but DNR on a few of arrow discs has been pretty bad.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 20th April 2011, 07:03 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRW View Post
Sorry, my bad, they're my pix, but they are not 'captures' from the actual disc, they are photographs taken from a mobile while the film was on. I'm not technical at all, and thought 'caps' only refers to images capture from the disc via computer somehow.

My experience has been 'caps' generally don't look like the image you watch. That was why I posted as a contrast to the 'caps' above.
I see what you mean now -- is the edge enhancement you noticed visible from your normal seating position as that photo must have been taken from very close to the screen? I would imagine that a certain degree of pixelisation would be noticeable if you went right up to the screen in your local multiplex.

Like this? Share it using the links below!