Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th April 2011, 05:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Regardless of what one person thinks of the mistake(s) or not, the hope that I have is that Arrow is taking these experiences to heart and will toughen up their QC reviews for all future releases. After this BEYOND stuff, I really hope this is the last (and only?) time Arrow has to do this. Not a slam, just a hope for a company to show they're willing to try harder and improve on areas that need it. That is all, resume your days.
Old 7th April 2011, 07:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Have to say I'm a little disappointed, and feel I've been mislead slightly during the whole process, and I don't mean to cause offence by that, it's genuinely just how I feel. It sounded very much like this was limited, and that there was a batch or batches out there that were the corrected version (why else would we need to check to see if we've had the monochrome version). The please allow up to 21 days for processing led me to believe it wouldn't nearly take as long as it has. Hearing the two to three weeks figure for production and then hearing it only went into production earlier this week? Sorry, and I don't mean to sound like I'm moaning, but I genuinely feel a little mislead.

It's an unfortunate situation, and I'm not going to hold it against Arrow Video (mistakes happen), I'd be insane to, considering they're one of the few places committing such niche classics to Blu-ray goodness, and out of all the titles I've bought on Blu from them, this is the first time anything like this has happened. I just hope in the future, they're a bit more forthcoming to people who have purchased their discs and are awaiting a replacement. Perhaps as it's such a new medium and Arrow haven't dealt with a situation like this, they weren't themselves sure on a time frame, but I hope they learn from it, and in future things are more clearly conveyed.

Like I said, I don't hold it against Arrow, and I don't think I have said anything out of turn and believe it's all constructive, just passing on how I genuinely feel.
Old 7th April 2011, 07:37 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Bgart13 I suspect it's all taken much to heart at Arrow towers as this is going to be an expensive mistake to fix but that's what is underway. One of the prime issues is that it takes so much longer to author and produce a Blu-ray so the pressure is really on to hit deadlines and it's then hard to fix problems as close to the release date as when this came to light.

Baka I'm sorry if you felt misled. I think somewhere along the way a mistaken impression has formed that there was almost immediately a correct batch somewhere out there - this wasn't the case - it takes weeks to get a new BD disc together and that's now what we're all waiting on. I suspect the 21 days was a fervent hope - not quite sure how far we're into them but Nos can you ask Arrow tomorrow please what the eta is looking like and feedback?
Old 7th April 2011, 08:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Will do -- I'll do it first thing in the morning.
Old 11th April 2011, 01:15 PM
Cult Rookie

Does anyone have any news on when the remastered discs will be available i was told it would be 3 weeks 4 weeks ago
Old 11th April 2011, 02:09 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Default -

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw285 View Post
Does anyone have any news on when the remastered discs will be available i was told it would be 3 weeks 4 weeks ago
Hold your horses! It takes roughly two to three weeks to produce a Blu-ray disc, a DVD should be ready a little earlier; however, for smaller DVD/Blu-ray companies like Arrow it might take a little longer.
Besides, I think that Arrow will perform a real careful quality check on the discs this time to make sure that the end result is satisfying - making all those discs ready for dispatch to private adresses all over Europe (or all over the World?) is another thing...

Remember that the replacement discs will come to us without us having to send back ours - in the meantime, we already HAVE the film and can watch it over and over again.

I'm sure Nosferatu will keep us up to date whenever there's significant news.

Greetings!
Old 11th April 2011, 02:45 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw285 View Post
The last I heard was that ETA for replacement discs was April 14, but, but that doesn't take into account the packaging and delivery.
Old 11th April 2011, 05:54 PM
Cultist

is play.com affected with this issue?
Old 11th April 2011, 06:05 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatOfTheDead View Post
is play.com affected with this issue?
all retailers are affect until the new disks are ready
Old 11th April 2011, 06:09 PM
Cultist

ok its not a problem if it is but i was just wondering

Like this? Share it using the links below!