Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2011, 02:30 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I know I'm going to get a heap of shit for this (pardon my French), but at the end of the day, we're only talking about dvds and BD's here people. You're not going to be able to take them with us when we go. There are more important things out there to concern ourselves with!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but if you're in a position, like me, where you can only buy one or two DVDs/BDs a month, then yes, it's a big deal. If 50% of that month's investment is spent on a faulty product, then it's a VERY big deal.

Besides a Cult Labs rep telling us not to worry isn't really a reason NOT to worry....

Old 6th August 2011, 08:11 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm not telling anyone not to worry. I'm only stating my personal opinion. Up until recently, I wouldn't buy a UK dvd or BD if it had an Irish cert on the cover, now I think, who cares? It's only a dvd. If I came home ine day and my house had been robbed and my whole collection was gone, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Not looking to start any arguments guys, so I do apologize for my slight hijacking of the thread.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.613717,-4.664145
Old 6th August 2011, 08:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not telling anyone not to worry. I'm only stating my personal opinion. Up until recently, I wouldn't buy a UK dvd or BD if it had an Irish cert on the cover, now I think, who cares? It's only a dvd. If I came home ine day and my house had been robbed and my whole collection was gone, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Not looking to start any arguments guys, so I do apologize for my slight hijacking of the thread.

---
I am here: Google Maps
As someone that this has actually happened to, then I'm pretty sure you would, because I certainly did!
Old 6th August 2011, 08:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Also, people are getting a bit wild in this thread. I think everybody needs to calm down a little bit. I'm not going to "it'll all be alright in the end" because we don't know, and I'm not going to tell people to "shut the **** up" because I'm not that much of a dick, but it's just become the same comments over and over again, with people just getting more and more wound up!

Let's all take 5 and just come back when there's actually something new to talk about?
Old 6th August 2011, 08:40 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Also, people are getting a bit wild in this thread. I think everybody needs to calm down a little bit. I'm not going to "it'll all be alright in the end" because we don't know, and I'm not going to tell people to "shut the **** up" because I'm not that much of a dick, but it's just become the same comments over and over again, with people just getting more and more wound up!

Let's all take 5 and just come back when there's actually something new to talk about?
Well said.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk
Old 6th August 2011, 08:49 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

Repeating what I've already stated in my last post and (indirectly) calling me a dick - sorry, that's not "well said", at least from my point of view. But I really don't want to go into that any further.

Greetings!
Old 6th August 2011, 08:52 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
As someone that this has actually happened to, then I'm pretty sure you would, because I certainly did!
Believe me, I wouldn't.

---
Old 6th August 2011, 09:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

My house got burgled when I was little and, aside form taking the usual items like money, jewellery etc, the bastards also took my Lego!
Old 6th August 2011, 09:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Maybe they needed to build themselves a bigger van?
Old 6th August 2011, 10:00 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Look everyone, I think the best thing to do is to leave this thread until there's something further from Arrow which, as I've said, should be early next week.

As people have said, everyone is now just posting the same comments over and over and it's not constructive or helpful - all it does is serve to get everyone even more wound up. I appreciate that some of you are unhappy and even angry but you've made your point and it's been passed the relevant people and now we just have to wait until we hear from Arrow. I know some of you are impatient but it's the weekend and there's going to be no response now until Monday at the earliest so why get yourselves more wound up by posting in this thread and going over the same things again and again?

Enjoy your weekend (unless, like me, you're trying to write around 4,000-5,000 words of your thesis, in which case, I feel for you) and look out for more info here come next week.

Like this? Share it using the links below!