Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2011, 01:25 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissolvedpaul View Post
Hmm, that's really frustrating. After I discovered that I couldn't play the extra's on my "City of the living dead" Blu because of the 1080I encoding, I'm pretty certain that Arrow had said they would be making sure all the extra's were at 1080p in the future and sure enough, they are on my brilliant "Inferno" release so I assumed this practice was here to stay. Any reason they reverted back to 1080I? Surely it misses the point of making the discs region free in the first place.
Does for me. I will never preorder again. Funhouse and Obsession won't be in my case afterall either.=(
Old 3rd August 2011, 01:28 AM
Cultist in Training

20 for anyone in the US, I'm also so disappointed, shippings on me. Ill put that 20 towards the new Zombi release. Super excited for that one. =)
Old 3rd August 2011, 02:07 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0mbi3v1ru5 View Post
Does for me. I will never preorder again. Funhouse and Obsession won't be in my case afterall either.=(
The blu-ray.com review for Obsession lists the extras in 1080p. Don't know for sure if that's accurate, though.
Old 3rd August 2011, 02:28 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
The blu-ray.com review for Obsession lists the extras in 1080p. Don't know for sure if that's accurate, though.
Thanks! I'd love to get that and Funhouse. ..But I won't make the same mistake twice. I'll wait until someone can confirm extras are 1080p/24p. I try to buy most arrow blus, I love Ricks art and the art options. The extras are the reason I love arrow. What sucks about this is I have a pal to ntsc dvd converter.. But the 50htz extras are on a BR disc! =(
Old 9th August 2011, 08:33 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissolvedpaul View Post
Hmm, that's really frustrating. After I discovered that I couldn't play the extra's on my "City of the living dead" Blu because of the 1080I encoding, I'm pretty certain that Arrow had said they would be making sure all the extra's were at 1080p in the future and sure enough, they are on my brilliant "Inferno" release so I assumed this practice was here to stay. Any reason they reverted back to 1080I? Surely it misses the point of making the discs region free in the first place.
Arrow have looked into this and it basically came down to an unfortunate kink in the system which meant the extras slipped through unconverted. Arrow have remedied the problem now though so all future releases will be 1080/24p.
Old 9th August 2011, 02:07 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Arrow have looked into this and it basically came down to an unfortunate kink in the system which meant the extras slipped through unconverted. Arrow have remedied the problem now though so all future releases will be 1080/24p.
Excellent news. Thank you for sharing.
Old 16th October 2011, 02:45 AM
Cultist

It worked perfectly fine for me when i changed the settings to "Movie" on the blu-ray player, took like 2 seconds or so. However i am still a bit intrested in the French release, is it OOP? Cause i cant find it anywere
Old 28th October 2011, 06:16 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinncent View Post
Name one Italian giallo movie dubbed to english that IS in sync!
No, Arrow's Tenebre blu ray DOES go out of sync twice
Old 29th October 2011, 08:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaultkeeper View Post
It worked perfectly fine for me when i changed the settings to "Movie" on the blu-ray player, took like 2 seconds or so. However i am still a bit intrested in the French release, is it OOP? Cause i cant find it anywere
No, It´s in print, but it´s a Fnac exclusive.

Ténèbres - Blu-Ray - Dario Argento - Anthony Franciosa - Daria Nicolodi : tous les DVD Ã* la Fnac

You also have the item from sellers on the French Amazon.
Old 30th October 2011, 04:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Decided to finally settle down and watch the whole film. Some scenes look pretty good and some (to my eye) look pretty bad. If it wasn't for this strange 'grain like' image in a lot of the scenes, it would all look pretty good. I'm still perplexed as to what it is. It doesn't look like film grain at all. Darker scenes are much better looking overall. It is really strange that this phenomenon has only really affected a few of the Italian Arrow releases. Just look at titles like Vamp, The Funhouse and Obsession, which all look amazing on blu-ray.
Yeah it's definitely not grain, and it's not Arrow's fault either (it's present on Blue Underground releases too) - it's the Italian company responsible for creating these HD masters - there's a problem occurring in the process and it's ruining all of these Italian films unfortunately. Such a shame.

Like this? Share it using the links below!