Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree12Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2011, 03:44 AM
Active Cultist

Awesome artwork. Awesome film. Awesome blu release.
An easy buy.
Old 16th June 2011, 05:34 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Double DVD and BR copies of MC now pre-ordered by yours truly from HMV.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Pre-ordered mine at HMV too, the price is slighty more palatable. Wish I could find The Funhouse for that price.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:56 AM
Cultist

This is another film I've been meaning to see for a while now, and Arrow just made the choice to buy very easy. I think I'll wait to see if Amazon drop their price first though, from my experiences before HMV seem to charge an arm and a leg more than any other store.

As someone who only recently bought the Arrow Video collection (so far) could anyone answer a couple of questions for me? How often can I come to expect an Arrow Bluray release, with the upcoming Maniac Cop, The Funhouse, Obsession and Cat O Nine Tails it seems to be around one a month, but this month we obviously got Tenebrae as well as The Bird With the Crystal Plumage - is one to two a month a fair number? Can I expect the same from Shameless and Arrow Academy too?

Secondly, if Shameless release a bluray I assume I wont see an Arrow release any time after that. I've pre-ordered New York Ripper from the Shameless label but would much prefer a clean white Arrow Video slipcover to be totally honest. I think a slipcover always looks a loks much nicer.

Sorry for the suddeny block of text, but I figured this post is appropriate enough to ask the questions.
Old 16th June 2011, 11:24 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
As someone who only recently bought the Arrow Video collection (so far) could anyone answer a couple of questions for me? How often can I come to expect an Arrow Bluray release, with the upcoming Maniac Cop, The Funhouse, Obsession and Cat O Nine Tails it seems to be around one a month, but this month we obviously got Tenebrae as well as The Bird With the Crystal Plumage - is one to two a month a fair number? Can I expect the same from Shameless and Arrow Academy too?
I think it just depends to be honest. I could be wrong, but I don't think there's any real consistency when it comes to frequency of releases, especially since they sometimes get delayed. If you have a look at The Full Arrow Collection list you can see the dates of release (or expected release) for yourself which should give some indication of the frequency. Looking at it, it loks like one release per week in July which is awesome although I suspect some of those will probably end up being delayed (no slight against Arrow, just often seems to be the case)

Quote:
Secondly, if Shameless release a bluray I assume I wont see an Arrow release any time after that. I've pre-ordered New York Ripper from the Shameless label but would much prefer a clean white Arrow Video slipcover to be totally honest. I think a slipcover always looks a loks much nicer.

I think it's extremely unlikely that Arrow would release The New York Ripper if Shameless' rights to the film lapse. It wouldn't really make much sense with a version already being out there on the uk market, if you know what I mean. I think that even the most die-hard collector's would find it hard to justify an Arrow release of a previous Shameless title, although I could be wrong!
Old 16th June 2011, 11:44 AM
Cultist

Thanks for the info, Paul.

I guess I will grab the Shameless BD releases, even if it does mean a big series of plastic cases again. At least they'll be nice and uniform on my shelf.

Between them I think Arrow Video, Academy and Shameless can fill the void modern cinema seems to leave for me.
Old 16th June 2011, 12:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I guess I will grab the Shameless BD releases, even if it does mean a big series of plastic cases again. At least they'll be nice and uniform on my shelf.
To be fair, the Shameless yellow-case with the logo embossed at the top looks pretty damn awesome though!
Old 16th June 2011, 03:43 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Although Arrow Video and Shameless are different companies, it would be in neither distributor's interest to go head-to-head with the same title in a short time period. This is why neither have released the same film; that, and each company holding the UK rights to each title!

In terms of how frequently Arrow will release a Blu-ray, that entirely depends on what films are available, whether the material is good enough for high definition and if there are any snarl ups with printing sleeves, booklets or anything else which might delay the release date.

This forum is all about transparency and Arrow will keep you informed of future releases, planned release dates, if there are any delays and, if so, why the title has been put back a week or two.
Old 16th June 2011, 10:21 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Pre-ordered mine at HMV too, the price is slighty more palatable. Wish I could find The Funhouse for that price.
Me, too. That's a great price, plus I'm getting fed up of Amazon UK's sh*te packaging.
Old 17th June 2011, 12:55 AM
Cultist

Thanks Nosferatu, I had just wondered if there was something resembling a target for Arrow to hit (no pun intended) rather than releasing what and when they can. Though I couldn't say either is bad!

I do like to see threads such as this with announcements and what-not, which doesn't otherwise seem to be very commonplace with other companies. There's a distinct lack of 'Arrow Academy' on these Cult-Labs boards though, unless I've horribly overlooked it somehow. I'm very interested in some of these films, as they seem to be the UK's answer to Criterion which saves me buying a second bluray player. Is there a more appropriate forum for the discussion of those releases, along with news (and more threads such as this) or would the 'Culture' area be the most suited?
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!