All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree57Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:22 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I haven't seen any of the films you or Daemonia mentioned, so would be keen to know if Arrow would be interested in releasing them as they seem to be perfect titles for the ArrowDrome label.

As mentioned in my review of The Devil's Kiss, the Eurocine trailer reel consists of Female Vampire, Orloff Against the Invisible Man, The Oasis of the Living Dead, Zombie Lake and The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus.

These make sense as they were previously released by Arrow Films so there are no rights issues but, as they showed with this release, ArrowDrome can be a label for films which haven't already been released by Arrow.
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:29 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I haven't seen any of the films you or Daemonia mentioned, so would be keen to know if Arrow would be interested in releasing them as they seem to be perfect titles for the ArrowDrome label.

As mentioned in my review of The Devil's Kiss, the Eurocine trailer reel consists of Female Vampire, Orloff Against the Invisible Man, The Oasis of the Living Dead, Zombie Lake and The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus.

These make sense as they were previously released by Arrow Films so there are no rights issues but, as they showed with this release, ArrowDrome can be a label for films which haven't already been released by Arrow.
THE SADISTIC BARON VON KLAUS has never been released on DVD over here. There is a lovely looking R1 release though.

Eurocine have lots of great films which I love to see get a UK release like The French Sex Murders, Women Behind Bars, Dark Mission, Fall of the Eagles (Mark Hamill stars in a Jess Franco film!)

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 22nd October 2011, 11:34 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Here is Eurocine's full catalogue :

http://www.eurocine.net/catalogue.htm

Old 22nd October 2011, 11:39 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
THE SADISTIC BARON VON KLAUS has never been released on DVD over here. There is a lovely looking R1 release though.

Eurocine have lots of great films which I love to see get a UK release like The French Sex Murders, Women Behind Bars, Dark Mission, Fall of the Eagles (Mark Hamill stars in a Jess Franco film!)
I'm not sure why - it's probably because it's in that trailer reel - but I was sure The Sadistic Baron Von Klaus had already been released by Arrow. Maybe it's on the cards because of its inclusion in the trailer reel - it would be great if it is.

Thanks for the link to the Eurocine catalogue, I'll have a look at it a bit later.
Old 22nd October 2011, 02:15 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see ArrowDrome releases of Diamonds of Kilimandjaro and Erotikill if they do indeed have access to the Eurocine catalogue.
Old 22nd October 2011, 02:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Absolutely. More Eurocine please. Any chance of Arrow diigging out some Eurocine gems?

Elsa Fraulein SS
Panther Squad
Cecilia
Jailhouse Wardress
Kiss Me Killer

Amazingly, Eurocine produced a film as recent as 2009 called: In the Attic: Who's Birthday Is It Today?
I would definitely purchase Cecilia, Kiss Me Killer and Panther Squad if they were given UK releases.
Old 22nd October 2011, 05:13 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
That's one I never got round to seeing. If Arrow put it out I'll definitely bag a copy, and that's coming from someone who never buys DVD anymore, but I'd make an exception for this title.
Old 22nd October 2011, 09:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Call me crazy, but I'd like to see ArrowDrome releases of Diamonds of Kilimandjaro and Erotikill if they do indeed have access to the Eurocine catalogue.
Arrow released EROTIKILL aka FEMALE VAMPIRE a few years ago. It was cut though, but I think it would pass uncut today (well, not the xxx version, but that's shit so it doesn't matter)

Old 22nd October 2011, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
That's one I never got round to seeing. If Arrow put it out I'll definitely bag a copy, and that's coming from someone who never buys DVD anymore, but I'd make an exception for this title.
Can't remember much about it except that it had some lovely b/w scope cinematography.

Old 23rd October 2011, 12:06 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Can't remember much about it except that it had some lovely b/w scope cinematography.
I can't remember much of any of Franco's films. I've seen a fair few now and after a while they all kind of blur into one. As Tim Lucas once said, to appreciate a single Jess Franco film, you have to see all his films. I understand what he means by that.

Like this? Share it using the links below!