All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree18Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2011, 03:01 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Mindless entertainment.That's what it's all about.

No doubt if the real secrets of the SAS were shown on a big screen,then they wouldn't be so special anymore.....
of course not!
i agree but even Collins criticised the film as just junk
a lot of people like this film then great
i'm not a fan though
Old 30th December 2011, 08:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Looking forward to this. Now if we could just convince Arrow to release North Sea Hijack as well then my Blu collection would be complete!
Old 30th December 2011, 08:40 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShaw View Post
Looking forward to this. Now if we could just convince Arrow to release North Sea Hijack as well then my Blu collection would be complete!
A man with some taste!
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Remember this? Done by one of our members.
That would be me! I did cheat a little however. The artwork is reworking of the artwork on the Thai poster which is even more OTT! Rare as rocking horse poo too, and I've only ever seen 3 come up for sale in 10 years, and I own 2 of them.

I found the posters for the film were pretty bad in all other countries. The UK Quad is a mess. The US campaign was damn right awful! Called "The Final Option" over there, most likely as a B picture.

I've also got a very cool Wild Geese Thai poster, and one from Japan. Although they are all variations on the same artwork used worldwide.

The North Sea Hijack poster is awesome. I've got the UK Quad of that. Beautifully done. Another great Roger Moore one is the UK Quad for the film Gold, with artwork by Brian Bysouth.

I've got The Wild Geese on German Blu-Ray, was waiting for it to come out here. I hope the transfer will be much better!

Liking the artwork on the new Who Dares Wins Blu-Ray. Who did it? Surprised it sells that well to re-issue it so soon though!

Last edited by gotthefeelin; 3rd January 2012 at 11:35 PM.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:39 AM
Cultist

Great news, I've been meaning to see Who Dares Wins. I've never actually heard of The Wild Geese, but sometimes I like to see a film without knowing anything, you know? After all, it's a war film so what could possibly go wrong. Really nice to see more blu announcements.

Frankenhooker is pre-ordered, and I'll get Who Dares Wins, The Wild Geese, Demons, Demons 2 and Red Scorpion as they're released. I generally place a few pre-orders on payday, and then let them come through over the month. Come to think of it, I must be getting Four Flies On Grey Velvet and Drive soon, too.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:43 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The new artwork for Who Dares Wins was done by the great Graeme Humphreys.
Old 4th January 2012, 10:51 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

We've had word from Arrow HQ to let you all know Arrow are using the same source as the German BD but, as this release will use a different master and a different encode, there will be subtle differences.

The main difference between the two will be the opening title sequence as this will have the restored English opening rather than the German opening title sequence.

Arrow are putting a great deal of time and effort into this release and, to use their words, "ours will look stunning".
Old 4th January 2012, 01:11 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
We've had word from Arrow HQ to let you all know Arrow are using the same source as the German BD but, as this release will use a different master and a different encode, there will be subtle differences.

The main difference between the two will be the opening title sequence as this will have the restored English opening rather than the German opening title sequence.

Arrow are putting a great deal of time and effort into this release and, to use their words, "ours will look stunning".
I'm guessing you're talking about The Wild Geese? Just watching it now, the german Blu Ray is actually a very nice transfer, apart from the titles and the sound. It's very tinny and shrill. When things get loud, you end up hearing pops and clicks. It's horrible! The DVD I got free form the Daily Mail sounds better.
Old 4th January 2012, 01:30 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah, that is about The Wild Geese and should be in that thread instead!
Old 5th January 2012, 05:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Any decisions about the rest of the Who Dares Wins art panels yet?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!