Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2010, 08:58 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Any news on what goodies this release will have?

It seems to be retailing at a higher price everywhere when compared to the other Arrow releases. It's £16.99 on HMV and £11.99 on Amazon: Does that mean we can expect something a bit more specail from the guys at Arrow?
Old 17th April 2010, 11:10 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I thought this was just a re-release of the old disc?
Old 17th April 2010, 01:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
It seems to be retailing at a higher price everywhere when compared to the other Arrow releases. It's £16.99 on HMV and £11.99 on Amazon.
I cancelled my HMV pre-order when i found out Martin will be available from Play.com for £10.99.
Old 17th April 2010, 05:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Apart from Inferno and COTLD,This is my most anticipated Arrow release.

Any reverse artwork yet Almar?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th April 2010, 05:12 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongDave View Post
It's dissapointing that there won't be a blu ray for this due to the quality of the source materials
My sentiments as well Dave.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:16 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I thought this was just a re-release of the old disc?
I thought that too, but with the hefty price tag I thought that it'd be (at least) a re-master job like the three previous Argento releases.
Old 17th April 2010, 11:19 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I cancelled my HMV pre-order when i found out Martin will be available from Play.com for £10.99.
Cheers Splat - I did check Play a while ago too, but thought that they were selling it for around £15 too.

Considering the 2-disc DVD of City is going for under a tenner pre-order, I thought that Arrow were going to spring something special on us with Martin too, rather than just a re-release...
Old 18th April 2010, 12:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
I thought that too, but with the hefty price tag I thought that it'd be (at least) a re-master job like the three previous Argento releases.
Well it'll most likely have the poster and booklet. It may possibly be re-mastered.
Old 18th April 2010, 10:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Well it'll most likely have the poster and booklet. It may possibly be re-mastered.
Or how about a widescreen version of Martin on disc one and a full frame transfer on disc two seeing as Romero is apparently adamant this film should be seen in the Academy ratio.

Just a thought on my part after all ABUK gave The Evil Dead similar treatment as part of their ED trilogy box set years ago. A combination of a 16 x 9 version for the widescreen purists and a 4.3 print for the full screen fanatics. So everybody's happy.
Old 18th April 2010, 11:33 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Or how about a widescreen version of Martin on disc one and a full frame transfer on disc two seeing as Romero is apparently adamant this film should be seen in the Academy ratio.

Just a thought on my part after all ABUK gave The Evil Dead similar treatment as part of their ED trilogy box set years ago. A combination of a 16 x 9 version for the widescreen purists and a 4.3 print for the full screen fanatics. So everybody's happy.
That's not a bad option. At least you can satisfy both groups that way.
I have yet to see Martin. The trailer wasn't that great but I've herd some good things about the film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!