Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2010, 03:57 PM
Cult Rookie

Thanks Almar!

Well folks, you can't say fairer than that. I initially got a bad copy from Amazon, and then got another faulty copy from Arrow when I contacted them, so they shipped me another copy, one of the DVD-Rs. So I have a working copy, and if I choose, they'll replace it with a regular DVD when they're finally ready?

That's people really trying! Okay, a few hiccups on the way, but their heart is really in the right place. Cheers!
Old 9th August 2010, 04:01 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchotchke View Post
Thanks Almar!

Well folks, you can't say fairer than that. I initially got a bad copy from Amazon, and then got another faulty copy from Arrow when I contacted them, so they shipped me another copy, one of the DVD-Rs. So I have a working copy, and if I choose, they'll replace it with a regular DVD when they're finally ready?

That's people really trying! Okay, a few hiccups on the way, but their heart is really in the right place. Cheers!
Yup they'll replace it when they have the discs for sure. It's never plan sailing with older cult films - tripwires lie everywhere so it can sometimes be a grind getting everything ticked off but AV want to get you there! Martin has been a particularly difficult one to sort.
Old 9th August 2010, 04:30 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Ok folks - have been away on holiday but have asked Arrow Video about Martin and here's what they've asked me to pass on:

"Arrow Video pushed for a fast solution to ensure fans would have replacement discs as soon as possible so they could watch the film and not miss out but quite understand that the DVD-R based solution isn't suitable for all so for those people who have one of those discs please regard it as the temporary fix and that proper final discs will be supplied as soon as they're available.

Stock will be replaced in the factory so people should be able to order in confidence but if anyone for some reason gets one of the old rogue copies then the offending disc will be replaced."

As soon as the final replacement DVDs become available we'll post the information up on here but in short no one will be left with something they're unhappy with - a bit like Rambo: First Blood Part II but with discs - no one will be left behind...
Had no idea what this was all about until I checked my new disc. Not angry at Arrow though. The whole deal with Martin has been quite hectic.
Old 9th August 2010, 04:31 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I don't know quite how it will work but soon as I do will pass it on - we'll get there!
Old 9th August 2010, 04:32 PM
Active Cultist

This is what I love about Arrow. They actually listen, unlike some *cough* 20th Century Fox *cough*.
Old 9th August 2010, 05:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

That sure is good news, Almar

Gonna buy a copy at the end of the month.
Old 10th August 2010, 05:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Recieved a replacement copy of Martin today,the day after emailing Arrow. There aren't many companies with customer servive like like folks.And I've got absolutely no problems with it being a dvd-r.

Arrow comes through for the fans time and time again.
Old 10th August 2010, 08:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
And I've got absolutely no problems with it being a dvd-r.
You will in a few years time.
Old 10th August 2010, 08:50 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
You will in a few years time.
I'll worry about that when the time comes.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I'll worry about that when the time comes.
Maybe when the time comes the disk will be out of print. Think about that.

Like this? Share it using the links below!