Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th April 2012, 10:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Still awaiting reviews or at least comments on picture quality - ya know, the actual important stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
PQ is jaw droppinly good. An incredible release over all and was well worth the long wait
I know that sometimes, excitement get us to early conclusion but you have you answer on the second quote.

Also, every member of the forum that has the steelbook say the PQ is good, and so far no negative remarks.

I´m still waiting for my steelbook to arrive, and I tend to review the PQ on a more professional level, but so far, my hopes are very high!
Old 28th April 2012, 10:42 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallo37 View Post
The English track is slightly different from the US Anchor Bay disc, hope that helps!
So, you mean it has the US dub for English track? Not the more common European Dub.
Old 28th April 2012, 10:50 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBo View Post
So, you mean it has the US dub for English track? Not the more common European Dub.
If someone can tell me of any differences between the US and European dubs, I can tell you all which one we've got.
Old 29th April 2012, 01:16 AM
Cultist

I haven`t heard the US dub myself. No wonder i haven`t heard it, i did find out it was on the American VHS tapes and Laserdisc. Here are some the differences according to IMDB.com:

North American version features different dialogue and voice dubbing for Nina the punk rock girl.

The United States release features a mono sound mix. But It also features additional sound effects, such as the demon growl and slicing sound when the title "Demons" appears. All other release prints feature the original Dolby Stereo mix.

The US dub features several menacing synthesizer cues popping up whenever the Metropol sign is displayed.

Last edited by LoBo; 29th April 2012 at 01:31 AM.
Old 29th April 2012, 11:36 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBo View Post
The United States release features a mono sound mix. But It also features additional sound effects, such as the demon growl and slicing sound when the title "Demons" appears.
Just had a look at the beginning of Demons, and judging by the sound when the title appears, it's definitely the US dub.
Old 29th April 2012, 12:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Just had a look at the beginning of Demons, and judging by the sound when the title appears, it's definitely the US dub.
Beat me to the punch!

I like the way the disc keeps the 'End of the first act' screen from the theatrical print, which allowed Italians with small bladders or serious nicotine addictions to go and have a quick break during the epic 90 minute runtime!
Old 29th April 2012, 12:05 PM
Seasoned Cultist

In comparision, this is what the english euro track sounded like during the Demons title.

Old 29th April 2012, 12:07 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
In comparision, this is what the english euro track sounded like during the Demons title.

Yep, same as the Italian track on the disc. The English track is definitely the US dub.
Old 29th April 2012, 01:10 PM
Cultist

Ok, thanks for confirming. It will be interesting to listen to it for the first time.
Old 29th April 2012, 01:54 PM
Cultist

Have both films been put back again? Bit tired of films that get put back to later dates; kind of makes me not want to bother too much.

Like this? Share it using the links below!