Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st May 2012, 01:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Watched mine last night, I forgot how stylish this movie actually is, last time I saw it was on some crappy £4.99 VHS from HMV that was cut so it was almost like coming to a new film. PQ is excellent, the sound is nice and clear - watched it in bed so never got to test it through the home cinema set-up in the living room.

Had a look at the Argento and Simonetti interviews which were pretty intersting too - great package i'm really pleased.

I loved the title card for end of part one, I thought it was in a really good place and made me laugh since they had just pulled the film off the reel, a la Gremlins 2
Old 1st May 2012, 02:07 PM
Active Cultist

Is it true that it will be May 21st now?
Old 1st May 2012, 02:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I asked Arrow about the 'end of part 1' inclusion and they replied that it's on the negative. Apparently it was on the original VHS and then got left off DVD versions so Arrow are now showing it back in its original form.
Yes, that´s very true... my original Portuguese and Italian VHS had that, with both having it in Italian language "Fine Primo Tempo". A great nostalgic move for me as the US DVD lacked this...

Great to have all the sound options:
Arrow Blu: Italian and US dub
Anchor Bay: Euro English dub
Old 1st May 2012, 02:26 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I asked Arrow about the 'end of part 1' inclusion and they replied that it's on the negative. Apparently it was on the original VHS and then got left off DVD versions so Arrow are now showing it back in its original form.
It´s never been there on any of the old VHS versions I´ve seen during the last 25 years, including the UK, Japanese, Dutch, Greece, US, Swedish etc. It´s never been on any of the LD:s either.

I´m not against the break being on the BD though, as I´ve never seen it before and it´s during a fitting scene transition in the film.
Old 1st May 2012, 02:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Yes, that´s very true... my original Portuguese and Italian VHS had that, with both having it in Italian language "Fine Primo Tempo". A great nostalgic move for me as the US DVD lacked this...
Hmm...maybe that actually WAS on one of those VHS tapes I mentioned above, since I got a flashback of having seen the words now

Maybe, I didn´t remember it as an intermission since I probably didn´t know what the **** it ment back then

Well, I´ll find out if i remember when I actually see it
Old 1st May 2012, 02:35 PM
Active Cultist

I am seriously thinking of getting the steelbook now
Old 1st May 2012, 02:39 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Yeah, I kinda wish I was a fan of those steelbooks now

But, if I´ve waited this long for the movies, I guess I´ll survive two more weeks

Arrow´s "House by the Cemetery" is released next week, so that will soften the blow a bit
Old 1st May 2012, 02:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

A member on Avmaniacs just wrote this:

"There are a couple of audio glitches to the music (was it the same on dvd? I don't recall). They are at 43:30 & 45:58 for anyone wanting to check. They are only present on the English track not the Italian. The little bit of the Italian track that I have listened to sounds much punchier than the English track."

Since no one else have mentioned this it can´t be that big of a deal?
Maybe a flaw in the original dub mix, and not something that went wrong during the master of the disc?
Old 1st May 2012, 03:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Got this reply of what it sounded like:

"It sounds like a needle getting stuck in a record, about a second of the song plays over again (the second time it is Billy Idol's White Wedding, not sure what song it is the first time. Both times are when the punks are in the car)."

The flaw sound familiar. Gonna see if I can find a VHS rip with the US version to compare with.
Old 1st May 2012, 03:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just skipped through it and the sound flaw is not there, so I guess there is a flaw in the mix on the track Arrow got. But since noone else have mentioned it, it´s probably not something to cry about

Btw, I think the blind guy have a different dub as well, and after watching the scene with the punks in the car, the US dub is clearly the better one. They don´t sound as cheezy and stupid like on the Euro dub. Plus the Accept song is loud and heavy in this version, compared to the Anchor Bay DVD. Really looking forward to this version now!

I also checked the part where the intermission is on the BD, and it´s not on the US LD either.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 2nd May 2012 at 07:50 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!