LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2012, 11:40 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Good point, in fact I was gonna ask about the fact it states the usual 4 panel artworks PLUS a fifth (being the current main art). How's that going to work?
I think it might be the same as the box for the Fantastic Factory set (only not as thick) that was listed as 9 panels. The 9th artwork was printed on one side of the box, and the clear window on the other. I'm probably completely wrong though.
Old 30th January 2012, 05:28 PM
Cult Rookie

Looking at the packshots for both Demons 1 & 2, am I right in thinking that only the Blu-ray is going to have the slipcase and five artwork panels whilst the DVD version will only have the one reversible cover? If so...

Old 30th January 2012, 05:32 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioFulci View Post
Looking at the packshots for both Demons 1 & 2, am I right in thinking that only the Blu-ray is going to have the slipcase and five artwork panels whilst the DVD version will only have the one reversible cover? If so...

I think the dvd has the same packaging as the BD, only dvd sized.
Old 30th January 2012, 05:58 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I think the dvd has the same packaging as the BD, only dvd sized.
Ah. Thanks for that. It just appears to me from reading the specs that the slipcase would be Blu-ray exclusive, which I feel would be unfair to DVD-only peeps like myself, and I've been looking forward to Arrow's DVD release of Demons for quite some time.
Old 30th January 2012, 06:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Slipcase or not, I've pre-ordered both Demons 1 & 2 on DVD anyway, 'cause they're must-have releases, so I'm gonna stop whinging now and get back to excitedly waiting for these babies to drop through the letterbox in April.
Old 30th January 2012, 06:10 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Been talking to Arrow re: Demons audio and they will feature original uncompressed mixes.

Arrow only include 5.1 if it's already available to them as they pride themselves on delivering original picture and audio.

As for the limited edition status of Demons (and Demons 2 for that matter): The BDs will be limited edition with 5 artwork panels. After these have sold they will be replaced with an Arrow Unlimited version without a slipbox and just one reversible sleeve option.

The DVDs do not have slipboxes and will be unlimited from the start.
Old 30th January 2012, 06:12 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Looks like I was wrong then. If I didn't have a blu-ray player and could only get the dvd, I'd actually be pissed off at that news. But I do, and I'm not.
Old 30th January 2012, 06:46 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
The DVDs do not have slipboxes and will be unlimited from the start.

A slipcase and extra artwork seems like a trivial thing to be annoyed about (when compared to what's actually inside the package), but I'd really been looking forward to this. Again, Blu-ray is favoured over DVD for the best treatment by Arrow.

Thanks for the memories and every amazing release you've given me in the past, Arrow Video, but it's goodnight from me...

Last edited by DarioFulci; 30th January 2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 31st January 2012, 04:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
My Hmv has had the following in at...

New York Ripper - 19pound
New Barbarians - 18pound
Bay of Blood Arrow Video dvd - 18pound
Phenomena BD 25pound

And the arrowdrome range started at 7.99, only to go up to 15pound a few weeks later. Someone must have bought the NYR tho cos it was gone one week.

So as for demons...best start saving now.
Wait. Bay of Blood Slipcase DVD!? Isn't that extremely out of print!?
Old 31st January 2012, 07:33 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioFulci View Post

A slipcase and extra artwork seems like a trivial thing to be annoyed about (when compared to what's actually inside the package), but I'd really been looking forward to this. Again, Blu-ray is favoured over DVD for the best treatment by Arrow.
I don't think it's a case of favouring one format over another as such - it's more likely down to the fact that the dvds don't sell as well when a bluray is available so it must not be cost effective to do a full dvd release with all the trimmings. I'm only speculating but I'm sure they'd do it if they would make money from it.

In fact, I suspect that this is only getting a dvd release at all because it was announced such a long time ago when Arrow were still frequently putting out dvds with the same content/extra stuff as found on the bluray and it took so long for it to come to fruition with the trouble of finding good materials. If this has been announced today out of the blue I would have thought it would be bluray only, with the standard Arrowdrome release somewhere further down the line. It is unfortunate for people who haven't upgraded to bluray, or who can't, or even who just don't want to but I fully appreciate Arrow need to make money as a business or they won't be putting anything out at all.

Last edited by PaulD; 31st January 2012 at 08:12 AM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!