Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st May 2012, 10:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Under the data sheet is the window, so you can see the reversible panels.
I thought the comics were really nice. Smelt good too.
Gotta love that comic smell!
Hawkmonger likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 21st May 2012, 10:26 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Bloody modern technology

Next you'll be saying that they have invented a 'television' set which shows the pictures in colour!
where can I get one of these new tangled picture boxes you speak of!?
Daemonia likes this.

Old 21st May 2012, 10:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
It's true. I have one! I always thought snooker was played with balls of different shades of grey!

That's nothing though. I was watching Tomorrow's World and they were showing this battery powered box that you can sit down and change channels with. Now you won't have to even get up! You can also change the volume too apparently!
They have sound too!?
Daemonia likes this.

Old 21st May 2012, 10:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I picked these up in HMV today but never bought as they are net-ordered.
I too panicked when I saw this,so thanks for that BF!
Am I the only person who remembered the fact we were told they had windows on the back? The only thing I didn't know about was the shiny slipcases, which I hope don't peel.

I seriously over the moon just to get a release of this, as I've never seen it and the Black slipcase looks sexy. The transfer, from what I've seen looks brilliant.

And Kentai for all I care, and can go shove it, I really couldnt care what he thinks when he writes his reviews like that, but If he wrote his review like a professional site, like Blu-ray.com and DvdBeaver, I might pay attention to it.

Old 22nd May 2012, 07:34 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Bloody modern technology

Next you'll be saying that they have invented a 'television' set which shows the pictures in colour!
This electricity fad will never catch on.
Daemonia and fuzzymctiger like this.
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Thanks to anyone who kicked the DHL driver in the butt, because my copies are with me now, at least a day earlier than I expected and way too early in daytime too, stuff like that normalle arrives here in the afternoon - only complaint: The wait for the weekend is longer now

I have not unwrapped them yet as i wanna get them unharmed to my flat and since I have a band session tonight before I get home, the shrink wrap seems to be the best protection for the boxes... Fron the outside look alone, I am very pleased!
Old 22nd May 2012, 08:59 AM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
My mistake about it probably being the member who mentioned synching stuff up. That was evilzombie!
Yep, that was me. I was working on syncing up the US mono track with the Anchor Bay disc a few years back but since Arrow have done most of the leg work - I've revisited that project.

I also made an attempt to sync up the European stereo track and the results have been...surprising to say the least. I'll just leave it at that since I don't want to shit down Arrow's throat but I will say this - a simple clip here and adding a half a second of silence there made that track sync pretty well with the master they had...

Oh the hell with it - the stereo track actually synced up perfectly for the first half, the second half required me to add a whole second of silence to get it to sync properly. I wanted to see if it could be done for shits and giggles and well, it could have.

The fact that this disc switches back and forth from one track to another from time to time really does bother me because you can hear an audible difference in what's there. The mono track has a slight hiss to it that suddenly vanishes when the stereo track kicks in, not to mention the stereo track itself is a bit louder, even the laserdisc audio I'm using is sans the hiss which I found pretty surprising (also take into consideration I sent Arrow my laserdisc audio track which they could have used to keep the film entirely in mono if for some reason, their track wouldn't stay in sync and they had to switch at some point to keep it from going off).

At any rate, a bit more leg work on Arrow's part - really 20 minutes worth of time - would have made it possible for them to sync the stereo track and troubleshoot just what the problems were. Maybe I should send them the edit I have and they can use that audio for their master??? Wouldn't mind helping out the masses so to speak and Arrow as well - but when I contacted them about the problem of the audio being switched back and forth, well let's just say "they're looking into it".

Maybe they'll fix it, who knows???

I do have zero issues with the picture quality though. It's the best the movie's ever looked, bar none, DEMONS 2 was a little bit on the choppy side for me but it wasn't bad necessarily; just think for whatever reason the negative may not have been is as good of shape which is odd considering but if I'm not mistaken DEMONS was "the hit" so it could have been those elements were just kept better. Who knows?

At any rate, the discs are solid overall - honestly the audio issues with DEMONS sent me into a frenzy; which is why I had to fix it, and finding out just how easy it was to sync the track they said was...how you say; "un-syncable" was a little disheartening considering the delays this release faced and the money spent by them as well as the consumers. Oh well, live n' learn I suppose.
Steel76, robertzombie and LoBo like this.
Old 22nd May 2012, 09:13 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubunkey_XXX View Post
Are ARROW going to be releasing an Unlimited Edition of Demons 1 & 2 in the future or is the steelbook and black box all we get?
We asked Arrow and they've said it's a possibility but no plans right now.
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:53 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
where can I get one of these new tangled picture boxes you speak of!?
From Rumbelows.
Old 22nd May 2012, 11:34 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

HMV have the blurays instore for a fairly reasonable £16 each.
Pete likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!