Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree323Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2012, 07:06 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I like the way the disc keeps the 'End of the first act' screen from the theatrical print, which allowed Italians with small bladders or serious nicotine addictions to go and have a quick break during the epic 90 minute runtime!
Demons is the new Italian Gone with the Wind!
Old 29th April 2012, 07:38 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbatron View Post
My favourite voices in the DIVID 2000 version are those of the blind man and the dude who suggests smashing up the film ewuipment.

"Smash everything! Smash everything!". :-)

Are their voices the same?
I haven`t watched it with the US dub. Some users here have watched it, maybe they know.
Old 29th April 2012, 08:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I only remember the change with the punks in the car, as it surprised me quite a bit, the first time I heard it.

Sadly some of the dialogue changes in the US version is much worse, like the one with the line about the "coke in your ear". Don´t understand why they changed that to something about Dracula.
Old 29th April 2012, 09:29 PM
Cultist in Training

gonna double bill these tomorrow night and start on my website review
Steel76 likes this.
Old 29th April 2012, 10:10 PM
Cultist in Training

Default "Smash everything! Smash everything!

"Smash everything! Smash everything! "Smash everything! Smash everything!"Smash everything! Smash everything!"Smash everything! Smash everything!"Smash everything! Smash everything!"Smash everything! Smash everything!"Smash everything! Smash everything!"Smash everything! Smash everything!

LOL tony the pimp has the best lines in this movie ever like the bit when his bitch sez hay that mask in the lobby scratched like in the movie and tony sez ,that's a bunch of shit baby

"Smash everything! Smash everything!"Smash everything! Smash everything!

anyone seen that youtube video where that loop the "Smash everything! Smash everything! line over and over LOL

i also like it when he when he sez quiet quiet listen to me the out of synch dubbing makes this movie for me

but anyway i think another change in the mono mix is when thay are watching the movie and the woman starts freaking out in the euro dub the dude ses to her its just the Dolby system in the mono dub he apparently ses something else i cant remember what it was mabey someone eho has watched the blu ray can confirm this

also has anyone else heard that actress Garetta Garetta who played Rosemary is working on remaking demons there is an interview with her talking about this on youtube i wonder what has become of that as the interview was in 2009
Old 29th April 2012, 10:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Demons US Dub

Hi everyone, long time lurker here from the United States,

Naturally I have been watching the US releases since the late nineties, in fact, I bought the 1999 Anchor Bay releases which introduced me to the fantastic world of Demons and also purchased the 2007 anamorphic US Anchor Bay editions,

Currently I have the Two individual Blu's on Preorder from Amazon UK, (I got them both at 9.99 English Pounds each!! 24.05 shipped!!, but the damn English Pound keeps gaining versus the US Dollar as of late, who knows how high it will be once the Blu's ship)

I really wanted to get the steelbook as well but the absolutely atrocious artwork is a deal breaker for me, you can't beat classic horror poster art.

Anyway, onto the question that I have, I would assume that the US Anchor Bay releases use the US Dub, but the comments here lead me to believe otherwise, I'm positive that the line "It's the coke in your ears" is present in the US releases, does anyone here own the US releases and can you confirm which dub it uses?

Thanks, I've been following these threads and they have been a great read.

BTW, I'm known on CG and other sites as 'Avicenna' some of you may know me from there.

-Chris
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 29th April 2012, 10:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakie79 View Post
Have both films been put back again? Bit tired of films that get put back to later dates; kind of makes me not want to bother too much.
It was already said that both individual blu-ray releases were delayed to the 14th of May because of some printer error (good way to promote the steel).

The steelbook and the individual DVD are out as of today (30th of April).

Last edited by springjack; 30th April 2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 30th April 2012, 01:00 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_Morgan View Post
Hi everyone, long time lurker here from the United States,

Naturally I have been watching the US releases since the late nineties, in fact, I bought the 1999 Anchor Bay releases which introduced me to the fantastic world of Demons and also purchased the 2007 anamorphic US Anchor Bay editions,

Currently I have the Two individual Blu's on Preorder from Amazon UK, (I got them both at 9.99 English Pounds each!! 24.05 shipped!!, but the damn English Pound keeps gaining versus the US Dollar as of late, who knows how high it will be once the Blu's ship)

I really wanted to get the steelbook as well but the absolutely atrocious artwork is a deal breaker for me, you can't beat classic horror poster art.

Anyway, onto the question that I have, I would assume that the US Anchor Bay releases use the US Dub, but the comments here lead me to believe otherwise, I'm positive that the line "It's the coke in your ears" is present in the US releases, does anyone here own the US releases and can you confirm which dub it uses?

Thanks, I've been following these threads and they have been a great read.

BTW, I'm known on CG and other sites as 'Avicenna' some of you may know me from there.

-Chris
Hi and welcome

The American DVDs features the common European dub, so that`s the one you have watched it with.
Old 30th April 2012, 07:55 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezombiedead View Post
i think another change in the mono mix is when thay are watching the movie and the woman starts freaking out in the euro dub the dude ses to her its just the Dolby system in the mono dub he apparently ses something else i cant remember what it was mabey someone eho has watched the blu ray can confirm this
The track on the BD has that moment you mentioned when the woman is convinced there is something in the movie theatre and her boyfriend tells her is just the new Dolby soundtrack.
Old 30th April 2012, 03:50 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

The US dub features a few different cues, some alternate dubbing and different placement of certain songs.

For example, the scene where the patrons find out the wall is built in front of the door - the song "Night Danger" plays continuously throughout the scene and eventually fades out when Rosemary attacks the woman in blue.

In the US dub, the track fades at the same time, but an ambient rumbling effect with some chaotic sounding music is placed when the girl is attacked. When Rosemary turns to lunge at George and Ken, the song kicks back in and plays until he fingers are crushed in the door.

There are more than a handful of scenes that are different in this version, and that's the version I'm used to. I remember seeing the US disc for the first time and honestly being shocked at how corny some of it sounded. The dubbing was obvious with some characters in that version and just didn't feel right - the older couple for example.

The scene in the theater where she's talking to him, in the European version she says "I'll be awake all night after this!", in the US dub she says, "It's too bloody of a movie", which is actually clearly what he lips are mouthing. I always thought that was odd since the European version was supposed to have the "real" track.

Another difference I noticed was at the end where George is trying to start the helicopter, in the European version Cheryl is yelling - "Do something! Do something!", but in the US dub, she keeps repeating, "Come on!", which again is what matches with her mouth.

I'm honestly not sure why two mixes were made for the film, I had often heard when the US version was mixed it had to be cut because Coke flipped over their product being used as a vehicle for drugs so since the cuts required a certain amount of mixing - they spiced the track up a bit and tightened the dubbing.

It now appears that's not the case and for whatever reason, the European dub was the one that had been altered after the fact.

Whatever the case, I'm glad the US track is finally being released and because of that - I'm buying a region free player just to be able to watch this disc! I have waited since the original release of DEMONS to own this version so now that it's available, I simply have to own it.

I do feel bad for the folks that are used to the European mix because I was where you're at now a little over ten years ago, the film you know is different, hopefully folks will enjoy the new mix - I personally think it is a better mix with more "omph" to it if you will, but it's also what I am used to. If I had seen the European version first, I'm not sure my opinion would vary because the US dub still passes off as a much more natural track. The actors don't sound dubbed as they do in the European version, the music is placed where it should be to liven up or tense up the scene.

I'm anxious to hear the thoughts of folks who are hearing this for the first time honestly! Can't wait to have the disc in my rotten hands to experience the film the way I remember it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!