Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2012, 09:28 PM
Cult Addict

Now play.com have this down for a 4th June release. And Amazon where i preordered weeks ago have moved it to th 31st of May which isn't even a normal release day. What's going on folks?
Old 26th May 2012, 09:58 PM
Cultist in Training

Will someone who knows for sure PLEASE clear the air as to what is the release date for the Limited Edition Blu-Ray?!
Old 27th May 2012, 10:15 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_burlock View Post
Will someone who knows for sure PLEASE clear the air as to what is the release date for the Limited Edition Blu-Ray?!
I've no idea what's going on with these retailers as, as far as I know anyway, the release date was May 21st – I received mine on the 17th or 18th, the day after Arrow sent me the replacement disc.
Old 27th May 2012, 12:00 PM
Cult Addict

But it was Arrow themselves that posted on Facebook that the release had been pushed back to the 28th!
Old 28th May 2012, 11:46 AM
Cult Addict

So I've tried two branches of HMV now with the idea that if i find it i can cancel my amazon order. Not only can i not find it but when i enquired this morning i was told that according to their system it's not out until next week.
Old 28th May 2012, 11:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Started watching the extra features on this last night and we are really spoiled. Some great features on the Blu Ray disc and a good few easter eggs! Loved the segment with Martino talking about Island of the Cannibal God!

Hats off to Arrow and fine work from High Rising Productions!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 28th May 2012, 12:28 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
Started watching the extra features on this last night and we are really spoiled. Some great features on the Blu Ray disc and a good few easter eggs! Loved the segment with Martino talking about Island of the Cannibal God!

Hats off to Arrow and fine work from High Rising Productions!

Definitely! The Easter Eggs are bizarre and not really fitting for this release (hence Easter Egg status I guess) but I'm so glad they're included since it's nice to see this footage that would otherwise be lost unless the relevant films didn't get a release.
Old 28th May 2012, 01:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Island of the Cannibal God? That sounds like a mash-up of Island of the Fishmen and Mountain of the Cannibal God!
Old 28th May 2012, 01:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Island of the Cannibal God? That sounds like a mash-up of Island of the Fishmen and Mountain of the Cannibal God!
Doh! My bad Mountain of the Cannibal God.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 28th May 2012, 02:54 PM
Cultist

Exclamation

I've just been to my local HMV and they had the Ltd Edition on the shelf for a rather respectable (bearing in mind there's no VAT in Guernsey) £13.13, so I picked up a copy, after checking Amazon via my phone if there was any movement on my pre-order with them...which there wasn't!

Looks like it's got the correct discs in too - they both have the cat no. FCD620 (the discs in the Unlimited Edition are a different Cat No. but can't remember what it is off the top of my head) but I'll double check when I get home. Worst scenario is, if I have got an incorrect disc, I'd have to get a replacement disc from Arrow and that wouldn't be too much of a hassle.

So, I'm not sure why Amazon (& other sites) are still saying this title is not released yet, as it obviously is, as it's been mentioned by other members that they've seen it their local HMV'S too. I asked the guy in my HMV when they'd had the BD in - and all he could say was that it was last week sometime...
I am suspecting then, that although Arrow said there would be a two week delay after they found out about the disc mix up - they did also say that the turnaround could be quicker - and I think that is the case and corrected stock has been re-sent to retailers etc. but obviously some places, like Amazon & Play etc., are just sticking to the revised release date rather than sending out stock as soon as they've got it...

Anyway, now to cancel my Amazon order...

Like this? Share it using the links below!