Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Arrow continue to release Limited versions of Arrow Video titles?
Yes 159 79.90%
No 40 20.10%
Voters: 199. This poll is closed

Like Tree87Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2012, 06:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I do have one stipulation if Arrow do decide to do away with the limited editions. Run the reverse artwork passed myself and Reaper please. We'll let you know if it's up to scratch.
Almost enough to make me reverse my vote, if your choice of artwork for Don't Go Into The House is anything to go by.
Old 22nd March 2012, 06:28 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Ooh....bitchy!

But you're right BAK.....the German artwork for DON'T GO IN THE CAVERN,sorry,DESCENT,sorry HOUSE is well worth picking up!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Almost enough to make me reverse my vote, if your choice of artwork for Don't Go Into The House is anything to go by.
How dare you. You know it was the best.
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
They're not grey, it's just a sticker on the shrinkwrap. They'll look like this:

That my friend is damned good news
Old 22nd March 2012, 06:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just trying to think of this logically:

If Arrow sell 10,000 copies of a title, at say £9 a copy unlimited, £12 limited wholesale they'll make £96,000 nett profit. If we factor in a cost for production and licensing of £70,500 (75% of nett profit from 10,000 disc packages [£67,500] with a surplus nett cost of £1.50 per unit for the LE) that leaves a gross profit of £25,500 per title.

If they sold the same amount of purely unlimited stock, there'd be a nett profit of £90,000 with the same base production costs (£67,500) leaving a £22,500 GP per title.

Therefore, theoretically, keeping the Limited Edition titles will actually make more money.

Old 22nd March 2012, 07:02 PM
Cultist in Training

limited all the way have no need for dual format.
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Just trying to think of this logically:

If Arrow sell 10,000 copies of a title, at say £9 a copy unlimited, £12 limited wholesale they'll make £96,000 nett profit. If we factor in a cost for production and licensing of £70,500 (75% of nett profit from 10,000 disc packages [£67,500] with a surplus nett cost of £1.50 per unit for the LE) that leaves a gross profit of £25,500 per title.

If they sold the same amount of purely unlimited stock, there'd be a nett profit of £90,000 with the same base production costs (£67,500) leaving a £22,500 GP per title.

Therefore, theoretically, keeping the Limited Edition titles will actually make more money.

Baseball Fury is actually......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-1018990-0135A5F600000578-661_468x353.jpg (20.1 KB, 3 views)
Baseball Fury and Hawkmonger like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Someone noticed on Blu-ray.com that the Arrow Academy release of Miracle in Milan's artwork has changed to a similar looking package as the Unlimited discs. It kind of makes me wonder if these kind of packages are sustainable on such a widespread level (every single Arrow Blu-ray).

While I hope they do listen to what the consumers want, I hope they do what's best for them in the long term. Only they can crunch the numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Baseball Fury is actually......
Fired?
Old 22nd March 2012, 07:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

As far as I'm concerned, the limited editions are superb and make for a great collection. They look fantastic.

The BFI came in for some stick some time ago ( and rightly so in my opinion ) by trying to force people into going Blu-ray by omitting certain features ( or releasing the uncut version on Blu-ray only ) for example.

Although I am now a Blu-ray convert , thanks to Arrow's City Of The Living Dead ( this is how to convert people to Blu-ray! ) I have no problem with the Unlimited editions, particularly if it means it puts more coffers in the bank account and leads to more releases.

The only things I'm not bothered about are Steelbooks.
Old 22nd March 2012, 08:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Well, how about this for an option? If Arrow do decide to ditch the limited editions, for those who really desperately need the continuity from the spine side, why not release the Unlimited with a simple fully printed slipcover? You won't be able to change the cover obviously but the spines would remain consistent.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!