Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2012, 10:11 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
Buy?
Yeah, buy unofficial releases. Unless he meant illegal downloading which wouldn't make sense either since this film is already available region free.
Old 11th November 2012, 01:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by it'smebilly View Post
I've got the steel book on order too, really hoping Arrow excel themselves with this title, minor nitpick here but it's shame they couldn't have had this out in time for Halloween. Nay mind, as long as it's a belter I can wait a few more weeks, plenty to watch in the meantime.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
first time this movie grapped me was way back in the early 80's,i must of been about 12 and we had a video mag called"video viewer"and it had a double page review of it with stills from the movie,the one that springs to mind is the zombie feast photo,anyway we got the old man to rent it for us,and that was it,i was hooked on this movie,but to my horror we rented the cut versiona couple of weeks later we had the "strong uncut version".I now own this big box version along with all the current dvds and the us blurayand of course the arrow blu ray on order.
Old 11th November 2012, 03:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I first came across Zombie flesh eaters in the late eighties in my local music/video store.I'll never forget the incredible video cover,hand coming out of the ground on the front and then the back was covered in gory stills. At the time we didn't have a video player,but a friend of mine had so we rented it out and that's my introduction to Lucio Fulci. The gore in that movie just blew me away. I absolutely love this movie along with COTLD. I also have the Shriek show 2 discer, the BU dvd and bluray 2 discer plus i have it on pre order from amazon, on steelbook and on dvd. Just watched Romero's Day of the dead last night,another fantastic zombie movie,but ZFE is definitely in my top five zombie films. Roll on now what looks like December 3rd.
Old 11th November 2012, 04:06 PM
Cult Acolyte

I also bought Vipco's uncut cinema version VHS re-release back in the 90s thinking it was going to be the strong uncut version I knew and loved from the pre-cert days.I was pretty disappointed, to say the least, after I had watched it.When I read the blurb on the back cover about it being the full UK cinema version and not having been further cut by the BBFC I realised Vipco weren't trying to rip people off, they were in fact being quite honest.

Last edited by Vampix; 11th November 2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11th November 2012, 04:42 PM
Cultist

I first saw it on the old Anchor Bay DVD in 2003 or 2004. I remember someone recommended me a few zombies films and this was one of them. I have enjoyed it since then. This was also the first Lucio Fulci film i saw. After i saw this, i started to look at his other films and became a fan.
Old 11th November 2012, 06:11 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
I first came across Zombie flesh eaters in the late eighties in my local music/video store.I'll never forget the incredible video cover,hand coming out of the ground on the front and then the back was covered in gory stills. At the time we didn't have a video player,but a friend of mine had so we rented it out and that's my introduction to Lucio Fulci. The gore in that movie just blew me away. I absolutely love this movie along with COTLD. I also have the Shriek show 2 discer, the BU dvd and bluray 2 discer plus i have it on pre order from amazon, on steelbook and on dvd. Just watched Romero's Day of the dead last night,another fantastic zombie movie,but ZFE is definitely in my top five zombie films. Roll on now what looks like December 3rd.
i got to agree with you day of the dead is in my view his best "dead" film of the series but for me zfe is THE zombie of all time(please never remakes it!)
Old 11th November 2012, 06:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfe1970 View Post
i got to agree with you day of the dead is in my view his best "dead" film of the series but for me zfe is THE zombie of all time(please never remakes it!)
For me its gotta be

1.Day of the dead
2.Dawn of the dead '78
3.Zombie flesh eaters
4.City of the living dead
5.Return of the living dead

All excellent movies
Old 11th November 2012, 07:19 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
"What follows in the Caribbean and later in New York is truly terrifying"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
I wonder what a direct sequel would have been like if it picked up with the remaining cast arriving in a zombie infested New York City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
...which presumably results in a zombie infested Pittsburgh, which slyly positions Zombie Flesh Eaters as a prequel to Dawn of the Dead. I like that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Oddly enough that's how I always unofficially think of that film. The last shot of ZFE ties in quite nicely as a prequel to Dawn of the Dead
Apparently, the scripted ending of the film is different to what was actually filmed. Quoting from the book 'Eaten Alive: Italian Cannibal and Zombie Films', by Jay Slater:

"The films ending, although similar to the script, has also been modified. The following scene is towards the conclusion of the film, where Peter, Ann and Brian escape from the island - the latter having been bitten by a zombie.

CABIN...BOAT...DAY

Brian is on one of the bunks, tossing and turning. He has a high fever and he is delirious

Ann sits next to him, changing the damp cloth on his forehead

PETE
What do you say we try and get something on the radio? It might cheer us up

He turns it on, but instead of music, they hear the grave VOICE of an announcer

RADIO VOICE
...that the police have managed to isolate the harbour area, confining the phenomena to that part of the city. There are, as yet, no plausible explanations for these 'living dead', or, as they are more commonly known, Zombies

Ann switches off the radio, and looks at Peter with a bitter smile

ANN
What will happen now?

Peter doesn't say anything

144...INT...CABIN...BOAT...DAY

The door to the bilge. Something is BEATING on it from inside with increased vehemence

FRAME FREEZES and then is SUPERIMPOSED with

THE END

The most obvious alteration is the radio announcers message, where in the script the zombies have been contained and are under police control. In the film, the announcer is hysterical, and understandably so. The living dead have spread throughout North America as well as other parts of the world. In fact, his report is catastrophic for the survivors of the zombie holocaust, although it's hard to take seriously when he screams 'I've just been informed that the zombies have entered the building...they're at the door...they're coming in...AAARRRGGGGHHHH!'"

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 12th November 2012, 12:32 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Like most Euro horror films, i first discovered it on Film 4 Extreme back in the early '00s. I was a massive Dawn Of The Dead fan (still am) and randomly landed on it playing. Gotta say, not a huge fan and i think it's overrated. That being said it's still a classic even if i do find it to be one of Fulci's weakest Zombie flicks.
Old 12th November 2012, 10:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Like most Euro horror films, i first discovered it on Film 4 Extreme back in the early '00s. I was a massive Dawn Of The Dead fan (still am) and randomly landed on it playing. Gotta say, not a huge fan and i think it's overrated. That being said it's still a classic even if i do find it to be one of Fulci's weakest Zombie flicks.
I feel the opposite to you, I find Romero's Dawn of the Dead overrated.That's not to say I don't appreciate the film's importance in horror movie history.I wouldn't be without a copy of 'Dawn' in my collection (I have the Arrow Blu set).I, personally though, would rather watch Zombie Flesh-Eaters than Dawn of the Dead or Night of the Living Dead (1968) most of the time.

Like this? Share it using the links below!