Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2012, 08:49 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Yeah, I noticed the few frames missing after the titles.

About missing frames, the Shriek Show dvd had frames missing from a conversation between Maynard and Lucas after the land rover arrives at the hospital.The scene at (57:17) has been duplicted from the scene at (57:52) to cover the missing frames and the dialogue does not match.
The Arrow release is complete. No idea about the BU version.
Respect Dave boy, u really know this classic movie
Old 7th December 2012, 09:49 PM
Cult Rookie

Just sitting down to watch this. Does anyone else think the opening titles and the night scenes at the harbour look a bit too grainy? The titles aren't white on black, more like white on a grainy, almost snowy background. The exterior shots when Tisa Farrow sneaks onto her dad's boat are also really grainy. I can perhaps understand it for those shots, as it could be down to how the film stock handles low light, but surely a white on black title sequence shouldn't be like this? I'm watching the film now and the print looks beautifully sharp and clean, so I'd interested if anyone else felt the same about the opening.
Old 7th December 2012, 09:54 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflynne View Post
Just sitting down to watch this. Does anyone else think the opening titles and the night scenes at the harbour look a bit too grainy? The titles aren't white on black, more like white on a grainy, almost snowy background. The exterior shots when Tisa Farrow sneaks onto her dad's boat are also really grainy. I can perhaps understand it for those shots, as it could be down to how the film stock handles low light, but surely a white on black title sequence shouldn't be like this? I'm watching the film now and the print looks beautifully sharp and clean, so I'd interested if anyone else felt the same about the opening.
There's no such thing as too grainy! But then again, I love film grain (look at my signature) It's not for everyone, but I love it.
LoBo and Susan Foreman like this.
Old 7th December 2012, 10:46 PM
Cult Rookie

I know what you mean. I'm not anti-grain at all. It's just so pronounced during the opening titles. Strangely, the Zombi 2 and Zombie titles aren't as bad. I've attempted to attach a quick photo to illustrate. Overall though, the film looks amazing and at times I felt like I was seeing it for the first time. Well done to Arrow for all the effort :thumbup:uploadfromtaptalk1354924060341.jpg
Old 8th December 2012, 08:30 AM
Active Cultist

Phew. Slipcase arrived today even after my postcode balls up. Was expecting a postage saga.
zfe1970 likes this.
Old 8th December 2012, 09:59 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefflynne View Post
I know what you mean. I'm not anti-grain at all. It's just so pronounced during the opening titles. Strangely, the Zombi 2 and Zombie titles aren't as bad. I've attempted to attach a quick photo to illustrate. Overall though, the film looks amazing and at times I felt like I was seeing it for the first time. Well done to Arrow for all the effort :thumbup:Attachment 93304
It'll probably be due to the fact that the film is only really known as Zombie Flesh Eaters in the UK. Therefore, that opening sequence would have been shot independently of the film for the UK home video market post production, and may be why the source may not be as higher grade as the other two.
Sobral likes this.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:08 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just noticed the photo of the title. I don't remember mine looking that grainy
Old 8th December 2012, 10:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

All the opening titles look great on my set up.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:38 AM
Cult Veteran

It looks like Jeff might have the brightness too high on his TV
Old 8th December 2012, 11:32 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It looks like Jeff might have the brightness too high on his TV
It looks that way. Go through your setting to see if your you have "True Cinema"-mode (of something similar depending on TV model) and not "Dynamic". Also check that your black level is on high.

Like this? Share it using the links below!