All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd January 2013, 04:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah, BUT I'M NOT GOING ON ABOUT IT LIKE THIS!
WELL PERHAPS YOU SHOULD AND THEN MAYBE THEY'LL LISTEN AND CORRECT THE PROBLEM!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 2nd January 2013, 04:45 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
WELL PERHAPS YOU SHOULD AND THEN MAYBE THEY'LL LISTEN AND CORRECT THE PROBLEM!
They aint gonna do diddly squat. They don't care. It'll soon be all over the internet soon enough, and everyone will see another screw-up. They really do themselves no favours.
Old 2nd January 2013, 04:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I must admit I'm totally bemused how anyone could deem it unimportant to have the complete film.
It doesn't bother me at all if a few seconds are missing. More than 30 seconds, yes, but not 6.

Anyway, most people will know it's New York since it says so on the back of the case.

Old 2nd January 2013, 04:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
They aint gonna do diddly squat. They don't care. It'll soon be all over the internet soon enough, and everyone will see another screw-up. They really do themselves no favours.
I know. In any other job the person responsible for the constant lack of quality control would be sacked.

Old 2nd January 2013, 04:55 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Now you're just trying to be silly. As I keep saying I don't care if it's a boat or 6 seconds of sky, the disc is f****d, the film isn't complete, and should be rectified. And Arrow trying to say it's not 6 seconds, but just "a few frames" is a joke.
Old 2nd January 2013, 04:56 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Like I said, be a different story from everyone if it was "important" footage missing, eh?
I still remember the oft commented 'i can live without it' whenever a title came out with the animal cruelty cut. Cannibal holocaust being the chief example, and honestly given the quality the shameless release is definately my favourite.

I suppose the fact is, hypotheticals aside it DOES suck that no replacemet is being offered for those that are bothered, (or even a small discount off the bava releases?!) but at the end of the day we were lucky it wasnt, it isnt and its still my favourite release SO FAR.

(anyone who thinks any release cant be topped is kidding themselves, i've said the same about evil dead numerous times)
Old 2nd January 2013, 04:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I know. In any other job the person responsible for the constant lack of quality control would be sacked.
The amount of screw ups Arrow have had with their QC someone really needs the Alan Sugar treatment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pc425-youre-fired-alan-sugar.jpg (23.4 KB, 4 views)
Old 2nd January 2013, 05:01 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The crazier thing is, someone QC'd the dvd and the blu-ray. Now fair enough, most of us didn't notice it, but If I was checking both discs, i'd like to think i'd notice a difference. Did 2 different people check them, or did they see it, and think, oh well!
Old 2nd January 2013, 05:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Now you're just trying to be silly. As I keep saying I don't care if it's a boat or 6 seconds of sky, the disc is f****d, the film isn't complete, and should be rectified. And Arrow trying to say it's not 6 seconds, but just "a few frames" is a joke.
Not really. There have been many screw ups, including times when they've had re-press and send out replacement discs, which obviously came at cost. All of it has damaged their rep to the point were people avoid their stuff. If I owned the company the person responsible would have been axed a long time ago.

Old 2nd January 2013, 05:06 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Not really. There have been many screw ups, including times when they've had re-press and send out replacement discs, which obviously came at cost. All of it has damaged their rep to the point were people avoid their stuff. If I owned the company the person responsible would have been axed a long time ago.
True. You'd think with this, which is their biggest title, they'd be a little more concerned. But I guess with the money they've spent getting the release "right", they don't want to spend more money fixing it.

I know we're complaining here, but this is nothing compared to the backlash I think they'll get from other sites that we know are less forgiving and vocal about their opinions of Arrow.

Like this? Share it using the links below!