Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree176Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:31 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
I'd imagine it's easier keeping the artwork under wraps. Perhaps they'd be better just announcing the titles outright and then teasing the artwork . . .
While they continue to let manufacturers, suppliers, retailers and anybody else in the trade etc., etc., know of their release schedule/s before announcing titles to the general public, then it's bound to leak out somewhere.

They should announce releases much much further in advance e.g. giving us an idea now, of what's coming out in 2013, maybe chucking in the odd surprise here and there too.
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:45 AM
Active Cultist

Product Description

THEY WILL RISE TO SUCK THE BLOOD OF THE LIVING!

From the sleazy video nasty vaults comes a movie so stained with controversy and moral indignation that the very mention of its name sends shudders down the spines of the weak stomached and censorious Zombie Flesh Eaters. A gut-munching, shark wrestling, eye-gouging orgy of topless skin divers, mud-caked undead terror and Italian splatter from the dark imagination of horror genius Lucio Fulci (The Beyond, City of The Living Dead).

An abandoned boat in New York Harbour unleashes a deadly flesh crazed Zombie cargo... A Young American woman and a journalist investigate a tropical island where a deadly disease is making the dead walk... Soon, thoughts of getting to the bottom of the murderous curse will be forgotten, as Fulci s walking corpses overwhelm the living and reports come in that the Big Apple is swarming with the living dead...

After over thirty years, Zombie Flesh Eaters still has the power to shock and offend the unwilling... Check out this classic sadist video and revel in a wonderfully tasteless movie that once helped usher in a moral panic!

STRONG UNCUT VERSION!

· SPECIAL FEATURES:

· Limited Edition Exclusive artwork

· Brand new high definition restoration

· Presented on both High Definition Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD

· Optional English SDH subtitles on the feature

· Audio commentary with screenwriter Elisa Briganti moderated by Calum Waddell

· Audio commentary with Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower and horror expert Alan Jones

· UK exclusive introduction to the film from Ian McCulloch

· ALIENS, CANNIBALS AND ZOMBIES: A TRILOGY OF ITALIAN TERROR: Actor Ian McCulloch remembers his three classics of Latin horror lunacy - ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CONTAMINATION and ZOMBI HOLOCAUST

· FROM ROMERO TO ROME: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN ZOMBIE FILM: Veteran Fulci screenwriters Dardano Sacchetti (THE BEYOND) and Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN), celebrated UK critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION), Ruggero Deodato (CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST) and Russ Streiner (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) share memories of the genesis of corpse-crunching cinema - from Romero's early templates to the gory glory days of Fulci and his many successors.

· THE MEAT MUNCHING MOVIES OF GINO ROSSI: The special effects magician behind many Italian splatter classics talks about his most famous gore-drenched greats - and shows props from many plasma-packed masterworks - including ZOMBIE FLESH-EATERS, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, CANNIBAL FEROX, BURIAL GROUND and PIRANHA II.

· MUSIC FOR A FLESH-FEAST: Composer Fabio Frizzo - Live Q&A from the Glasgow Film Theatre

· ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN: Dardano Sacchetti shows key pages from his original ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD screenplay.

· Trailer and radio spots

· Collector s booklet featuring contributions from Calum Waddell, Stephen Thrower, Craig Lapper and Jay Slater.
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:46 AM
Active Cultist

Product Description

BETTER WATCH OUT... BETTER NOT CRY... OR YOU MAY DIE!

When little Harry sees his Dad in a Santa Claus outfit, groping his mother one Christmas Eve, life changes for the quiet little boy. Thirty odd years later, you d better watch out in this 80s horror classic from the small but perfectly formed micro-genre of Yuletide Slashers.

Because now - all grown up and disgruntled by his dead end job in a depressing toy factory - he s making a list, checking it twice and descending into a self-created Christmas nightmare where he is Father Christmas and his judgement is final! Dressed as St. Nick, Harry is going to show his bullying co-workers and all the other naughty people what the true spirit of the season is... Run for your miserable lives, the vengeance is going to be swift and bloody!

In your hands is a true dark Christmas oddity that cult movie kingpin John Waters described as "greatest Christmas movie ever made."

Special Features:

- New widescreen transfer in the original ratio of the Director s Cut

- Audio commentary with director Lewis Jackson

- Audio commentary with Lewis Jackson and director John Waters

- Original story-board sequences

- Comment Cards

- Rare audition tapes

- Collector s booklet featuring writing on the film by critic and author Kim Newman, John Waters and a new introduction by Lewis Jackson, illustrated with original stills
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

oooooooh. I wasn't particularly interested in either, but now I'm pretty keen on both . . .
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

John Waters commentary = instant buy from me. Lost the Synapse one when I was burgled and never replaced it. This will be cheaper too, based on the Troma title prices.
Old 2nd August 2012, 10:57 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Christmas Evil is a must.

But...

DALLAMANO!!!! IT'S ALL ABOUT DALLAMANO!
Pete and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:10 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
THEY LIVE and TERROR TRAIN are with another company here so there is no way Arrow could have got them.

No offence but with your posts it's like you think Arrow owe you something. Just because you don't like the announcements it doesn't mean no one else does either. Have you actually seen the two 'C' list Italian titles or are dismissing them just because they're not well known?

And I am actually looking forward to SUPERBITCH and NIGHT CHILD and not because I'm a 'Yes' man but because I LOVE Italian horror/exploitation.
Yes, like Massimo Dallamano is a fantastic, underappreciated director, so releasing 2 of his movies is good. Does StudioCanal have Dorian Grey?
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:30 AM
Active Cultist

Old 2nd August 2012, 11:33 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowFan View Post
I preferred the Troma..but I don't have the Arrow. Don't double dip unless it's something I really enjoy.
So in actual fact then, when you say that 'There is a way better version of Combat Shock out there' - there isn't - and what you're saying is, that you have the Troma release, which you're happy with...
It's perfectly understandable that you don't want to double dip and buy the Arrow release - which contains everything the Troma release does, so is in no way inferior - but there will be many in the UK (and elsewhere) that will buy it.
I praise Arrow for bringing us a long overdue official UK release of this film.
Pete, Baseball Fury and PaulD like this.

Last edited by Nagaman; 2nd August 2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 2nd August 2012, 11:44 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Official announcement: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/curr...noucement.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!