Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Baba Yaga
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th September 2008, 10:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

The use of only two main colours, and the fact that the comic book portion of the body is now highlighted make this version work a lot better in my eyes. I can't help but think that if the central character was bigger it would be an even more striking image again, but that's just a personal preference. I like this version a lot.

I suppose we're all so used to the lurid, more colourful sleeves that something as understated as this can seem a bit out of whack at first. But it isn't at all out of whack, it's just subtle. It works very well and I can see it fitting in nicely with the rest of the collection. At the end of the day the idea behind it is true to the origins of the film, and it's brilliantly executed, you can't ask for any more than that.

*Edited to add* - I've just realised what it reminds me of. Now, don't take offence, but .... you all remember a video for a very popular '80's song, from a certain Norwegian trio? Is it just me?

Last edited by trench; 16th September 2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 22nd September 2008, 07:33 PM
Cult Acolyte

I see what others mean about the previous version not 'leaping out' as much as some of the recent covers. However, this one is quite unlike any previous covers, and the comic book design gives it an original look all of its own.

Having said that, I do feel this final(?) tweaking with the background colours has definitely improved it. Definitely grabs your attention a lot more now
Old 15th October 2008, 04:44 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Okay folks - an interesting development with Baba Yaga: Reloaded or is it...?

We think we might end up with a tiny little additional featurette on the DVD called something like Baba Yaga: What? We mentioned the dislike from some people at the Baba Yaga: Reloaded title to Corrado and he asked us why did we call it that?

Um, well that's what we thought he said. Also it is... written on the master tape!!! But it's all quite amusing really - the good news is now, dear forum members, we can come up with a new title for the film.

Now I should temper this with the fact that Corrado will have to approve it and as it's his film he can call it what he wants but hey let's have some suggestions.

Now this title does need to reflect what this version of the film is. Corrado always felt his film had been butchered and not released the way it should have been so now 35 years later here is the cut he prefers and frankly what the film should have been so the name you come up with needs to reflect that so any thoughts of Baba Yaga - Slut Witch are surprisingly, for once, not what we're after!

If your idea gets used hey you get to have a small but important part in film history so let's have some good ideas - if you nearly have an idea but you know it's not quite there then post it anyway and maybe one of us will spot the little tweak needed to make it work.

If no idea works or Corrado decides on something different then we must accept that but let's see what we can cook up!
Old 15th October 2008, 05:02 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

My original idea for the featurette would be Baba Yaga: Reflected (to tie in with the Reloaded title). However as this has been changed then Reflections Of Baba Yaga (or Baba Yaga: Reflections) is all I can come up with to date for the featurette. I'll have a ponder.

How about Baba-Blacksheep for the new title (or is this a Shameless attempt to sheepishly fleece Corrado by pulling the wool over his eyes?).

*Goes back to pondering*
Old 15th October 2008, 05:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Baba Yaga: Don't Ride With Strangers... perhaps?
Old 15th October 2008, 07:24 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Hang on - maybe I've confused people here - I'm not looking for a name for the featurette but for the film - we're not going to call it Baba Yaga: Reloaded - nope we need a new name so Baba Yaga: ?
Old 15th October 2008, 07:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Directors Fantasy Edition?
Wet Dream?
Old 15th October 2008, 08:16 PM
Cultist in Training

Baba Yaga: Unleashed
Baba Yaga: Unchained
Baba Yaga: Resurrected
Baba Yaga: Revisited
Baba Yaga: Backlash

or

Baba Yaga: The Final Cut
Baba Yaga: Director's Cut

Old 15th October 2008, 08:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

My Don't Ride With Strangers suggestion was aimed at the film and not the featurette. I'm a sucker for those DON'T titles after all.
Old 15th October 2008, 08:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Baba Yaga : Reclaimed

Like this? Share it using the links below!